Flea Market Jewelry Hunters

bmattioli

Forum Supporter
Anyone out there like to hunt for Gold or good jewelry at the Flea Markets?? I realize the ones open now are sparse but has anyone have any good finds out there? I see folks digging through boxes of them at the Fleas with their loops in hand and although I'm a Toy/ Comic book hunter I just might take a plunge at it..

The flea markets around here are generally picked over early. I go to Redwood and South Hadley quite often but rarely seem to get things out of the ordinary.

Where I live, be it costume jewelry or the real thing, seems it’s always priced triple it’s true value.

I’m waiting for the 180-mile long yard sale down US 12 between Detroit and New Buffalo, I always missed it in the past due to work. Not this year! Aug 14-16.

I also make a habit of asking at local garage or yard sales “do you have any old coins or jewelry you’d like to sell?”

Good luck

might do better going through junk boxes in garage and yard sales

YOU hit the nail on the head!

I know several people that do exactly that, and have scored pretty darn well.

They say sometimes the sellers *know* that items are gold/silver and STILL practically give the swag away. Especially the younger ones selling Grandma's old stuff. :lol:

garage sales

YOU hit the nail on the head!

I know several people that do exactly that, and have scored pretty darn well.

They say sometimes the sellers *know* that items are gold/silver and STILL practically give the swag away. Especially the younger ones selling Grandma's old stuff. :lol:

Might find some old cigar boxes full of assorted old and foreign coins that someone collected over the years

Back
Top Bottom