Hunting Buddy Arvada colorado

koz303303

anybody around arvada colorado. I new to the hobby and was looking for partner to hunt with and show me a few things. well drop me a line if interested.

Hey Koz,
Just updated to the DFX myself. Did you get from GOLD-N-DETECTORS in Golden? It is a great store. They carry all coils for the DFX. I have a 6X10 DD Eclipse and Bigfoot along with the standard coil. I have only been out about 7 or 8 times because of the snow. I have some great programs and have been very successful with the DFX so far.

Jack

i bought my from Kellyco detectors, I figure i would get the xmas $200.00 and to buy a 4x6 eclipse shooter DD coil for the playground at the local parks. I recieved mine last week so i tried it once in front yard but i hunted it out with old machine. i have the DFX gold methods book to help find rings and etc.... they give 1 gold program in there and one sand program....

Mine was surprise gift. It came from KellyCo also. I purchased the 6X10 DD Eclipse with the $200 bonus. I had intended to purchase from Gold-N-Detectors. They are great guys! I have not been to a meeting yet, but there is a club that meets in Loveland once a month...

http://www.rmpth.com/

I was thinking about going to that. Nice to make your acquaintance Koz.

Jack

What a nice gift. Theres a club down south here called Eureka treasure hunters that i heard about i never been to a meeting. I was thinking maybe in spring I would start looking at clubs. I brought my other detector from golden n detectors. i will be going there sometime in the next week to purchase some headphones. have my eye on the grey ghost series, they seem to be really comfortable to me. By the way jack my name is jim.....

Hello Jim,

I use amplified noise canceling earplugs. I have never tried headphones as I thought they may be hot and uncomfortable in the heat of the summer. On the other hand they would be nice as the temperatures drop. Jim what are your interest as far as metal detecting goes? I started out coinshooting for old coins and have recently (as in before the snow storms) gave looking for jewelry a try. First trip out I found 4 rings. nothing of great value...yet! I have had my best luck in places that are supposedly hunted out. The DFX just gets deeper and finds the stuff the others have passed over. I learned this real quick on my first trip out with the DFX. You should be very excited about you new tector! I hope this snow goes away soon.

Jack

P.S. Here are some of my post showing finds. Small potatoes compared to what some of these guys around here find. Fun all the same.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php/topic,6300.msg49855.html#msg49855

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php/topic,6140.msg48411.html#msg48411

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php/topic,6184.msg48768.html#msg48768

Hey jack seen the pictures some really nice finds, at first i was interested in coin shooting ( 4 times out found 40 coins mostly pennies and dimes, with old detector) then i wanted to update detector to help increase on some finds. now i like the ideal of coin shooting and jewelry. with so many local parks around i should have alot of time to practice. Jack how do you like the stock programs on the DFX, or do you used custom programs for your finds. jim

Jim,
I use David Zabielski program and variations of his program exclusively. See this post...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php/topic,6312.0.html

I have made modifications to suit my needs such as ICONS - ON (helps me learn VDI #'s), adjusted volumes to my hearing and upped the AC sensitivity a bit. Here is a link to the original site...

http://www.findmall.com/DFX_Input/dfx1.htm

From day one I just landed on my feet with the DFX. The stock programs are always a good place to start. They are not very deep programs. Here is a link to help you modify them, if you like the way they feel...

http://www.dfxonly.com/dfxonly/Page_2x.html

Don't let the DFX overwhelm you. It gives a lot of feedback about the ground under your feet. I upgraded from a BH Discovery 3300, which I loved. With that tector it was more of a black & white world. The DFX is more verbose in what lies below. Time is your best friend. My nature is to hyper-focus on things I need to learn. There is a lot of hard earned lessons you can learn from in the forums. To me this is the best way to excelerate the learning curve of the DFX. Note key word here LEARN. I am very new to metal detecting. I started in Sept. 06. I am by no means an authority, but what I lack in knowledge I make up in determination...I hope. :P

Rule #1 HAVE FUN!

Jack

I got the next 20yrs to learn, so one thing at a time, and alot of reading. I am starting with the stock programs and then after i feel confident with them, i will try another program to see how it will compare to the stock program, and try to learn what the difference is. I need to get out and get at least 80hours to really get the feel of the machine. but i have to wait till the snow melt....

I have had good luck with Dave's program, it really gets deep! Remember to slow your swing down a bit. I also got out for about 45 minutes. Went back to the park where I found the V nickle and IH. There was a dry area on the south underside of a group of old trees I have not searched yet. I got a great Quarter hit at 4 inches. Could not even begin to dig it. FROZE SOLID! :mad: This excites me as I have not found any clad in this park under the trees, just older coins. I am hoping it will be my first silver quarter when It thaws out. Might go back today with a jack-hammer. :lol:

Jack

jack if anything you have your hidden treasure buried till the ground thaws. i went for 20 minutes with the wife just before sunset. i think my yard is to trashy i keep getting icons ringing like bells, even with the ace250. well little by little i will clear the yard..

Jim,

Hey! The Ace 250, nice. I have heard they are great tectors. Is your wife going to use 250? I am trying to talk my wife into learning to use my BH 3300. We will see how that goes. :!: Went out to the park again today. The ground is just like rock. It was still nice to swing awhile. Definitely helped with the cabin fever. I did just get permission to hunt a great site. So that feels pretty good. Come on Spring!

Jack

i went to the park also, man was the ground like a rock. i have a few good signals but couldn't dig them. i did find a few bottle caps and a pull tab, and a piece a foil. regardless it did feel good to get out and swing. Whites let me know today they are shipping my xmas stuff today. So hopefully the snow will melt.. Well happy hunting jack

Holy Cow! Jim
Looks like you got blasted with the cold and snow again! We missed the snow up here, still got pretty cold though. Hang in there, spring is coming.

Jack

Well jack this week the weather looks fine mon-fri 40's. So i hope it will melt some of the snow. I was thinking i would go and see if the ground was thawd out this friday. If so i would hit the park were i did get a few good signals and dig them. I also was gonna try my 4x6 dd shooter coil at a bus stop near the park. Well I will see if friday works good. Have you been out hunting lately. I haven't turned my on in 2 weeks. Take care jim

Back
Top Bottom