• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Tarsacci audio?

graybeard

Elite Member
What does the Tarsacci detector have for audio? I have watched videos of it using ....mixed mode as they call it and only hear tone ID. The tones sound too much the same between the dime and trash targets, the nickel has a clicking sound. Looks like anyone using them has to rely on ID numbers.
Does it have anything like a threshold, VCO, delta pitch or actual mixed mode that uses a threshold and VCO and beeps on good targets.

So does it lack good audio, or is it I haven't the right videos that it shows using them?

What does the Tarsacci detector have for audio? I have watched videos of it using ....mixed mode as they call it and only hear tone ID. The tones sound too much the same between the dime and trash targets, the nickel has a clicking sound. Looks like anyone using them has to rely on ID numbers.
Does it have anything like a threshold, VCO, delta pitch or actual mixed mode that uses a threshold and VCO and beeps on good targets.

So does it lack good audio, or is it I haven't the right videos that it shows using them?

See the manual here. Pages 15 and 16.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jYhFnstUqLuo5eV28aEZsj9wfeY2TRt-/view

Here is a video I did using an auxiliary external speaker. Using this speaker the detector tones heard better when it comes to videoing. A clad dime and nickel are swept.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LtFxuMFDqM4

There is modulation as far as depth of target.

Thanks for the videos that you have done on the Tarsacci detector.
I would rather see a 2 or 3 minute video of detecting over unknown targets then see them dug vs a 10 minute video over known targets, because it lets me know what the detector is capable of, or what it lacks.

Thanks for the videos that you have done on the Tarsacci detector.
I would rather see a 2 or 3 minute video of detecting over unknown targets then see them dug vs a 10 minute video over known targets, because it lets me know what the detector is capable of, or what it lacks.

I had rather see the detector over unknown targets too. The problem is in my area it won’t quit raining. Ground is super saturated. Last time I saw the sun here was last Thursday. Now seems extreme cold is coming soon.

I had the Tarsacci out in a driving rain and a 40 knot wind and it worked just fine...
We don't see rain much here on the Central Coast of California so it was a rather fun 3 hours. Next time I'll try to remember to wear my wet suit.
Just having fun, TSS! Thanks for the 'Tubes!

I had the Tarsacci out in a driving rain and a 40 knot wind and it worked just fine...
We don't see rain much here on the Central Coast of California so it was a rather fun 3 hours. Next time I'll try to remember to wear my wet suit.
Just having fun, TSS! Thanks for the 'Tubes!
Hi Tom,
Where can this be purchased ? What is your overall feeling of this detector ?

Back
Top Bottom