• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 Coasts, 3 Hunts, 4 Rings (64 grams)

Sandcrab

Elite Member
Finally told myself this year would actually get out and hunt, since some personal things have finally smoothed out... Made a run to Florida to see a young lady and since I was there figured why not... I have to admit, compared to the left coast, sand was not "sticky", was actually white, not black or gray, and the seafood... I could get used to the different menu real quick...

Did cross another hunter that was more curious about my machine than talking with me. I have an odd coil and since hip mounted the machine is covered. I was not saying much, did tell me that the equinox with the large coil is the deepest/best machine going. I just wanted to hunt a new area...

2 of the white gold were found in Florida, the other 2 were found in California. Did not get pictures of the junk, because I was not planning on posting. The 3 smaller ones averaged 9 grams and are 14K. The large one I found in one of my "spots..." But with the internet and you-tube a quiet area is now getting pounded, morning, noon and the middle of the night. The specific area I wanted to check two guys were on so I waited. In fact I think one posts on this board... The ring has been there for a while, worn, diamond in the middle and tested 3 times at 18K. The color is rich but my phone did not pick it up... Heavier than the last gold chain I found and I still wonder how did 2 people miss it???

I hope everyone I know is doing well. Seems many have had a bumpy road, both known to the board or privately shared... May your roads become smoother in time...

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_225452125.jpg
    IMG_20190110_225452125.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_20190110_230452.jpg
    IMG_20190110_230452.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_20190110_230913135.jpg
    IMG_20190110_230913135.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 496
Wow, some heavy metal there sandcrab! That class ring is a real beauty- congrats! The Nox is a fun machine to use but I am much more confident with the Dual Field. I don't have the large coil on the Nox but Romy does and seems to like it. :yes:

Dont you Calf guys come sneaking on our Fl beaches now pilfering and plundering.:lol: I didnt see anyone with an ODD machine so it wasnt me.....im nosey enough to take a peak if i see something different. Good to see ya post some outstanding tickets too. Im wondering what kind of machine you have there.:roll:

As far as that 15" goes ..... ive not bought one. Just not enough advantage for my style of hunting to make it worth the purchase... especially with some of the new machines here or coming out now. I think what many may find is...... if we are sanded in ..... i might not matter what machine you have. You will still be doing what i am...... looking for cuts, wash outs, or recent drops.

:dingding: That's a big one there! :wow: Nice catches all!!

Are you Ok singing? :lol: You haven't posted a find in 6 years... did you watch the same video I did ? Its bad PPing and as one digs in water and wet sand it pushes items trying to be recovered even further down...

I can remember a hunt I was on years ago helping a newbie learn the DF.. I guess he appreciated my help after digging for 10 minutes he gave up on the crater he created.. I went over the crater with my DF the target was in the side wall one scoop and I had a nice big gold ring.. I never shared with the guy I found a ring in his hole... :D I ended up with 3 gold.. he got a piece of brass..

Those are some nice finds ;)

I'm still waiting... as I have since 2013 :laughing:

Last edited:
We hear a lot of fish stories from people who think they grabbed a gold ring at 2'+. You just give it one of these....:roll::laughing::realitycheck: Like you said most of the time its just bad PPing. We are getting these HOT machines now that beep on the scoop you are dragging behind you...... so if you crank up the sensitivity...... that coil HALO can throw off PPing until you get used to it. I know ive sure dug my share of BIG OLE HOLES. Normally in the oat meal she will fall in the middle by the thirds scoop.:lol:

Wow that is incredible. What a nice haul and that class ring is sweet...very rare I see one with a diamond in the middle like that. Congrats on that gold!

Well done sir...i mean Surly:lol: Glad to see you are still grabbing the missed gold. Hope this year you get out many times and stay healthy. You ever on the East coast of Fl again pm me bro!

Wow, some heavy metal there sandcrab! That class ring is a real beauty- congrats! The Nox is a fun machine to use but I am much more confident with the Dual Field. I don't have the large coil on the Nox but Romy does and seems to like it. :yes:

You know Compass I am not sold on the Nox, have seen what is can do with the large coil and in our conditions... To me it does not measure up. Throw me a PM, am serious about going hunting. Will bring that ring along, the heft is odd...

Congrats on the honker! :shock:

Thanks... appreciate it...

Dont you Calf guys come sneaking on our Fl beaches now pilfering and plundering.:lol: I didnt see anyone with an ODD machine so it wasnt me.....im nosey enough to take a peak if i see something different. Good to see ya post some outstanding tickets too. Im wondering what kind of machine you have there.:roll:

As far as that 15" goes ..... ive not bought one. Just not enough advantage for my style of hunting to make it worth the purchase... especially with some of the new machines here or coming out now. I think what many may find is...... if we are sanded in ..... i might not matter what machine you have. You will still be doing what i am...... looking for cuts, wash outs, or recent drops.

You and OBN were on the right track when you were brainstorming. If you look at that one pic, there was a beat up silver quarter there. Found that on the towel line ... :lol: My hunting style has changed, am looking for heavier things. So I am hunting in different not thought about areas...

Nice ticket, must have took a big scoop to pull up that baby, congrats on the gold.

I have used the same scoop for many years... Have new ones but the beat up, multiple times fixed scoop is my "go to..."

:dingding: That's a big one there! :wow: Nice catches all!!

Thanks, I appreciate it. It is a bunch of luck

Are you Ok singing? :lol: You haven't posted a find in 6 years... did you watch the same video I did ? Its bad PPing and as one digs in water and wet sand it pushes items trying to be recovered even further down...

I can remember a hunt I was on years ago helping a newbie learn the DF.. I guess he appreciated my help after digging for 10 minutes he gave up on the crater he created.. I went over the crater with my DF the target was in the side wall one scoop and I had a nice big gold ring.. I never shared with the guy I found a ring in his hole... :D I ended up with 3 gold.. he got a piece of brass..

Those are some nice finds ;)

I'm still waiting... as I have since 2013 :laughing:

I have had some things going on... Almost sounds like you missed me??? HOLY COW... I am aware of the dig, dig, dig, deep hole... Turn 90 degrees dig again and find it... That is 2 feet down, I will be darned!!!

It has been 5 years on that??? Now I feel even more guilty. I threw my number at your buddy. I will dig out the old computer and find the info... I will try to make it up to you... I am hoping this year can really hunt like I want to... Thanks for the compliment...

We hear a lot of fish stories from people who think they grabbed a gold ring at 2'+. You just give it one of these....:roll::laughing::realitycheck: Like you said most of the time its just bad PPing. We are getting these HOT machines now that beep on the scoop you are dragging behind you...... so if you crank up the sensitivity...... that coil HALO can throw off PPing until you get used to it. I know ive sure dug my share of BIG OLE HOLES. Normally in the oat meal she will fall in the middle by the thirds scoop.:lol:

I do like the halo effect when swinging the coil, because will find some things you would have missed. Just catch the small change in threshold... That is enough to peak my interest... Check your PM later...

Wow that is incredible. What a nice haul and that class ring is sweet...very rare I see one with a diamond in the middle like that. Congrats on that gold!

Thanks I appreciate it...

:wow: that class ring is awesome bill congrats on some awesome gold great finds there i got your PM thanks :D

No worries... I figure you went with option 2??? Without going into to detail here. If so, give me a holler, will help you set it up and can follow Craig and show him what he missed... :laughing:

That class ring is a beauty and x3 honker!

Thanks, check your PM... Since you helped a bunch a people on MANY boards...

That is a beauty !! Awesome bunch of finds :D:D

Thanks, was luck...

Holy Moly, that's a big'un!!!! Congrats on all of the finds!

Appreciate it...

that is one serious class ring and with those others a major pile of yellow. congrats

Good start to the year...

Free chicken dinner winner!

Ta da...

Well done sir...i mean Surly:lol: Glad to see you are still grabbing the missed gold. Hope this year you get out many times and stay healthy. You ever on the East coast of Fl again pm me bro!

I will do that, even if we don't hunt there are a handful on the board would want to meet... I am hunting areas that are off the beaten path of not easy to hunt. Grab a bite to eat and tell tall tales... Or how I seem to attract the weird ones when hunting...:laughing:

I have had some things going on... Almost sounds like you missed me??? HOLY COW... I am aware of the dig, dig, dig, deep hole... Turn 90 degrees dig again and find it... That is 2 feet down, I will be darned!!!

It has been 5 years on that??? Now I feel even more guilty. I threw my number at your buddy. I will dig out the old computer and find the info... I will try to make it up to you... I am hoping this year can really hunt like I want to... Thanks for the compliment...

Whatever you do don't give it to Mark.. :lol: Let him do his own research like I do :D

Whatever you do don't give it to Mark.. :lol: Let him do his own research like I do :D

Not about that one, you patience I will try to reward... He hollered at me about the other things. I figure he went with option #2. Maybe will slide up to that area, still need to find my first signet ring... :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom