Sito scoop? Stealth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Now that I've decided on a detector, I move onto the scoop.

I know the Stealth and Stavr sort of reign, but I was looking at this Sito scoop as a cheaper option. I can't find much at all on this forum about it.

https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/200mm-standard-sand-scoop-sharp-front-v2

I almost want to post a topic about 920 vs 720 Stealth from those who have both (similar to my Equinox thread). But there's probably not many who have used both. I understand the differences, the 720 is deeper and the 920 is wider, but as a newcomer, I have no clue which is best for my South Jersey beaches. I will be in shallow water a lot as well as dry sand.

So I come to you fine folk. ;)

Oh, and Walrus, I could figure out what scoop you pointed me to in my other topic. Could you give me a link?

Sito

Standards at the bottom of the link look much better, the one you posted has a poor design , for 149 clams, i would check them out, 7/16 is only 1/16th shy of a half inch on the holes on the Standard models.

I love the 720, works best if your digging deep. The 920 is more for fresh drop beach's and so wide it's impossible to miss the shallows. I like stavr's scoops, and never seen a broke one. The sito, not sure looks like the T rex...

I think the game deciding point would be the Stealth's Lifetime warranty. It maybe 50 extra dollars but you never have to buy another scoop.

I love the 720, works best if your digging deep. The 920 is more for fresh drop beach's and so wide it's impossible to miss the shallows. I like stavr's scoops, and never seen a broke one. The sito, not sure looks like the T rex...

I think the game deciding point would be the Stealth's Lifetime warranty. It maybe 50 extra dollars but you never have to buy another scoop.

The beaches here are pretty crowded in the summer if that's what you mean by fresh drop.

X2 for me. I use the 720 and rarely have I crushed any sunglasses. Add the CF handle and you'll never need anything else.

Felix

Been hunting with the X3 & CF Anderson handle , my go to scoop for wet sand. But i must say i would have to try the standard 8 inch here for 149 clams.

Like Chuck said.... maybe just a few to many small holes depending on conditions. Good price. I notice that hole for a screw dont go completely thru either.... that can cause a handle to split with twisting and pulling. Choosing a scoop sometimes requires you buying more than one. Joe..... i like my StarvR... but it really needs a point on it and like this one i had to modify the way the handle was held in..... but ive got a LOT of hours on mine... for years now.

i have the 720i and it failed on me pretty quick, i had to repair it, the sito failed too but i used it way more but once i fixed it its still going strong :D and i prefer it over the 720 :cool: it digs better and less damage to things like cells phones with the wider lip of the sito ;)

Unfortunately the better scoops are usually the most expensive ones. I do not see a thickness listed for the metal that the scoop you referred to listed. Thin scoops do not last nearly as long as those that are a bit thicker. Yes the thicker ones are heavier. I have used the same scoop for over five years and it is still going strong. But some folks complain about the weight.

Dew

The 1st pick i see- the lame , Stavr look a like- type screw in on the goose neck hole , a nail in the coffin for me, i hate that poor design, i will never buy another scoop with this design again, thank's for bringing it up , case closed 4 me, Ps Romy glad to see you back bro., Earl

Last edited:
What scoop to buy? 7" or 9"

Deciding on the size, 7" or 9" is not easy but I have a few thoughts

720i
If you are new to the hobby. Smaller and slightly lighter digs are best until you develope your muscles which takes a year or two.
Petit ladies
This is the prefered scoop for seasoned hunter who have to dig hard into rocks like some areas of the East Coast.
If you are 85 or older :D

920i
Seasoned hunters
Seasoned hunter digging deep sand. Example: Florida
New hunters who are exceptionally strong

I don't want to scare anyone about strength and hard work but this is not a kids game 😃

All in all, you can't go wrong with either scoop no matter what your skill or strength level is.

Regards,
Chuck

720i
If you are new to the hobby. Smaller and slightly lighter digs are best until you develope your muscles which takes a year or two.
Petit ladies
This is the prefered scoop for seasoned hunter who have to dig hard into rocks like some areas of the East Coast.
Detectorists that wear Speedo's may prefer this one.

Regards,
Chuck

Oh really? :sissyfight: I added one Chuck! :lol:

720i
Petit ladies

920i
Seasoned hunters
Seasoned hunter digging deep sand. Example: Florida
New hunters who are exceptionally strong

I don't want to scare anyone about strength and hard work but this is not a kids game 😃

All in all, you can't go wrong with either scoop no matter what your skill or strength level is.

Regards,
Chuck

I had a 5 inch scoop that was nice and light.
I now have an 8 inch T rex and is good but heavy. It has small holes so its better for a wet sand hunter in the actual water.

I’ve owned and used both of Chuck’s Stealth Scoops. I prefer the 720i because I can remove a small amount of sand or dig in and get a scoop full when I need to. It is more precise for me to use than the wider 920.
I highly recommend the carbon fiber handle that Chuck makes for the Stealths.
Next to my detector the Stealth 720i Scoop is my most important tool.
Good luck!

Id like to get one of Chucks scoops...... but what holds me back is the length and the ID for the handle. Its like 3" longer than my StarvR and and i like to use shovel handles. Shovel is OD about 1 1/2 ID on the scoop..... 1 3/8". Then i have to decide .... those holes for the bottom and back.....i dont need 1/2 the bottom to be 1/4" (about 3" would work) and all the back to be 1/4" (again about 3" would work). I just need enough small holes to catch the little stuff without holding a lot of material. Im digging in some shells this time of year..... so i need that point .... which my Starvr doesnt have so it gets to be a pain in deep water.

If you can find a pro/scoop that would be my choice...

Unfortunately are not made any more, but his design had a few things that were unique.

I have a Ukrainian scoop, from ebay, does the job for me and has stood up to the punishment I have given it. $60 or something like that. The price of some of the other scoops is way over what I'd like to pay, and like I said, it's stood up to some cruel and unusual punishment.

i have the 720i and it failed on me pretty quick, i had to repair it, the sito failed too but i used it way more but once i fixed it its still going strong :D and i prefer it over the 720 :cool: it digs better and less damage to things like cells phones with the wider lip of the sito ;)

VERY INTERESTING. Here is a member that needs help and asks for it on this site and then comes and somewhat bashes a sponsor.

We all know that sometimes when you make things in quantity, a missed weakness could fall through the cracks. HOWEVER, the Sunspot scoops have a lifetime warranty. He not only doesn't say how it failed him, he also says he fixed it, WITHOUT contacting the manufacturer.

So somehow his scoop broke. I wonder the circumstances on how it broke and if the sponsor on here knew about the failure?

I have met Chuck and have bought many of his scoops. I have two now. I have also detected with Chuck. Yes I received a small discount because I have bought so many for my contests and friends and myself. However I pay almost full price and I will keep doing it because of the quality.

Chuck makes a quality product and with as many as he has out there, sometimes he will get a failure. He has shown me scoops that look like they were attacked by a bulldozer that he repaired although we both know they were used way past the intended function they were built to do.

I will keep my money and my business with a man of high integrity.

Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom