Lower priced pinpointers

JOFO17

I was curious if anyone is using a pinpointer as good as the Garretts? I'm currently using a BH but a buddy let me try his pro pinpointer and it was way better. I just cant justify spending that kind of money for as little as I get out. Has anyone found a good pinpointer that isn't all that expensive?

Nope :roll: I had one of these awhile back https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pinpointer-Sensitivity-Waterproof-PMD64/dp/B0742JGY11
it worked good for the money, but anything else ive ever tried for under 50$ was HORRIBLE compared to the better ones. Save up some clad and get yourself a good one. If you are considering staying in the hobby awhile, your gunna need it. The cheap ones are exactly as described...cheap.... You could always find a slightly used "good" one from around 70-90$. Good luck and happy hunting!

I went ahead and purchased the Kellyco Vulcan pointer and was pleased as to how it worked. I since then have heard that its longevity reports from the field are troubling. Mine is my backup to my TRX.

Thanks for the feedback. If you read the reviews on some of the pinpointers on Amazon, they make them sound pretty damn good. Obviously not as good as they make them out to be.

My guess is those reviewing have nothing to compare it to. When you compare it to nothing and it does something. 4 stars!

The Deteknix X-Pointer for $89 is the best bargain on a darned good pointer. Anything less is not a decent pointer.

I've been very happy with my GP pinpointer bought off eBay. More-expensive pinpointers offer superior performance, but the value-to-price ratio of the one I got is good enough for me. For my limited purposes (mostly coin popping), I'd rather have a less sensitive pinpointer so it won't penetrate beyond the reach of my popping tool. But then, I'm not digging holes and I'm not going deep. If I were seriously after deep relics, the shortcomings of my inexpensive pinpointer would, I'm sure, become evident.

Garrett carrot is the best pinpointer IMO. Harbor freight pp? Junk. Garret lookalike on ebay known as GP? Junk, the one i bought had about a 1 inch detection field on coins and slow as can be. Nokta pp? Not bad not great. The black garret pinpointer? Not bad not great, mine had falsing issues. Dont waste your time buying subpar pinpointers, just get a garrett carrot. Reliable, quick turn on/off, nice detection range.

I've been very happy with my GP pinpointer bought off eBay. More-expensive pinpointers offer superior performance, but the value-to-price ratio of the one I got is good enough for me. For my limited purposes (mostly coin popping), I'd rather have a less sensitive pinpointer so it won't penetrate beyond the reach of my popping tool. But then, I'm not digging holes and I'm not going deep. If I were seriously after deep relics, the shortcomings of my inexpensive pinpointer would, I'm sure, become evident.
I bought one of those and couldnt get it to stop falsing, within 10 minutes it was back at the post office on its way back to whatever country made it :p but hey if it works for you than thats all that matters! Sensitivity was fine, it was the constant falsing that made me dislike that model. I may have got a lemon, which im sure with the cheaper pinpointers, is much more likely. GL&HH!

I have tried cheapies. Wasted my money. Had to be touching a coin for the junk to detect it. I purchased the carrot and have not regretted it.

I have a deteknix. The first one didn't last but a month. I then had issues getting it replaced but ultimately they made it right. The replacment has been going strong for over a year.

I have been using the GP 2 pinpointer. It works pretty well. 2 things I don't like. It eats batteries pretty fast. Not very loud. But I do have a very bad hearing problem so it might be ok for others.

When the led starts to go out it is time to change the battery. One thing I do like.

I have a Kuman pointer, made by GP since it came with a GP manual in the box. I have used it on the last couple hunts. Its fairly tough and cuts my time finding the target in half. It is sorta quiet, and it doesn't like gold much. The gold tends to only pickup real close to the end, within about 3/4 of an inch.

I bought one of those and couldnt get it to stop falsing, within 10 minutes it was back at the post office on its way back to whatever country made it :p but hey if it works for you than thats all that matters! Sensitivity was fine, it was the constant falsing that made me dislike that model. I may have got a lemon, which im sure with the cheaper pinpointers, is much more likely. GL&HH!
I've bought 6 of the Garrett look alikes for gifts, lenders. All worked ok for the $30 price but search flebay for-
Automatic Pro Pointer Pinpointer Metal Detector Waterproof ProPointer F9c6
-And you can get them for $19. For that price its definitely worth it. I use a trx though..

I was curious if anyone is using a pinpointer as good as the Garretts? I'm currently using a BH but a buddy let me try his pro pinpointer and it was way better. I just cant justify spending that kind of money for as little as I get out. Has anyone found a good pinpointer that isn't all that expensive?

harbor freight tools has one it works great.

Back
Top Bottom