Colorado Springs?

hachaliah

Anyone want to come out and play with a newbie in the Colorado Springs area? I've got a great site to detect, it's just kind of lonely going out on my own. :)
--Brian--

Colorado springs is my hometown and im coming down to visit my grandparents in about 4 weeks. I could bring my detector. Acacia park is from the 1800s is that the place you are talking about

Some 20 years ago I lived in Monument just north of the Springs. There is a little park on the west side of I35? the one that runs from the Springs to Denver. Anyway, in that park in the very Southeast corner near the bridge I found a huge signal. It was roughly 3'x3' and when I dug down I hit a rusted color rock. I uncovered about a 2'x2' area before I quit and left.

Years later I got thinking it could have been either a big meteorite or the top of a cave with something in it. Later I learned it was common to hide something in the mountains by finding a small opening in the side of a rock and then pulling the dirt down over the entrance. I've always wondered what that thing was.

CSprings is a great place! I wouldn't mind living there. My great-aunt lived there for many years as a civil servant working at Ft. Collins. That area is magnificent. I remember visiting the Olympic Training facility there, Devil's Backbone, and of course Pike's Peak. Hope you can find someone to share your swining' time with!

I loved that place. I remember the trolley ride down Pikes Peak. The guy would tell you not to worry if the brakes give out. He said "there are 2 big springs at the bottom to stop us. Manitu Springs and Colorado Springs."

Need local to detect with /

Anyone want to come out and play with a newbie in the Colorado Springs area? I've got a great site to detect, it's just kind of lonely going out on my own. :)
--Brian--

I"ll be visiting in the springs April 28 29 30 . Let me know if you have any time to hunt. --John Call me 302 766 4191 :

I will be there at the end of June on vacation, I will bring my detector!
I would love to try Colorado! I will give you a shout.

Colorado Springs is cool. Love the Air Force Academy! And they still tell the same joke on the ride down Pike's Peak about the two springs!!!

Dusty

Leadville guy

I just picked up an AT Pro - bummer its getting too cold up here in Leadville. I'm totally new to this, and would like to meet up with someone who has some experience to show me how its done. I'm up for traveling too - if not now, in the Spring is cool.

hey whats up, yeah im stationed here on ft carson so im around! if it dosnt get to nasty in the next couple days im going to try to make it out friday morning! let me know!

Moving to Canon City/Colorado Springs area

I am moving up there in about a month from Albuquerque. I m up to getting out and finding some new sites to hunt. here is my email if ya want to get together after i get up there. I use a minelab Etrac, and open to hunt just about anywhere there is stuff to be found. :cool:

colorado springs

Hey I live on carson and Im iching to go out again. Just PM me when ever you want to head out.

Back
Top Bottom