• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spoons..bust em out...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
It was mentioned in another thread, that I should post my spoon found at a park, here, in the Eye Popping section (thanks Dirty Rob!)

So as not to create two threads about the same..but not wanting to loose out on a chance to post in the Eye Popping section.. lol

I think it would be fun thread if everyone that has dug up some real silver table items to put em up!!

Here is mine.. "quote from the other thread"

I got this real crisp signal, (Rang up as a 95-99 on the ATP @ 6 inches deep) put the pointer in and it pointed at the whole bottom, I'm thinking trash!. Dug a little more and tapped on the object..

The dirt fell away, ever so much, and saw the shank and in that I knew I had my 4th ever spoon!

But this one was a shiner, I knew it was silver right away. It got a little messed up from the digger, and also from whatever else it was used for..

I knew it was a keeper right away, so I put it away and took it home and cleaned it under water and a tooth brush. And wow, if this is not the coolest spoon I have ever seen.. So much detail, I'd rather dig this than a silver dollar IMO...

Thanks all!!

<*)))>{

1.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-1.jpg

Nice Carcur!

Do most people post the weight in grams?

I re-weighed mine in grams at.. 31.8g..dang..

<*)))>{

Nice Carcur!

Do most people post the weight in grams?

I re-weighed mine in grams at.. 31.8g..dang..

<*)))>{

i thing so
there are 31 grams in a troy ounce
and the price of silver is like 33 a troy ounce so you figure a dollar a gram more or less
grams makes it easier to figure out what gold rings and stuff are worth

Thanks guys! Some really cool spoons, I like all the halmarks and dates and such..

Someone dug one up on a beach forum today...

Flush Draw is winning on the weight.... 51.2g dang! That must be a table spoon?

The three other spoons I have dug are plated copper... I'm glad I trained up on spoon digging before I found this silver, my first spoon looks like a total wreak in 2 pieces, my second spoon has a crack, I did well on the third, and I guess I earned the right to dig this fourth.. lol...

<*)))>{

No pics but I have found two heroin spoons. Bent for cooking and a burn mark under the business end. Also found two spent shell casings on the same totlot.

Kids these days.....

Here's mine then. found 12/3/2012.
Originally posted in beach finds, but here it is anyhow.
1885 Gorham silver teaspoon. 11.7grams.

Attachments

• IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 5,197
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 5,376
Does anybody know about how much "actual" silver there would be in a silver plated spoon that weighs approx. 32 grs.? I don't imagine that all the weight would be silver? I know it would be impossible to say exactly but would it maybe be half? Just curious and thanks for any input. HH

trying to post a pic. It marked "The Oxford Silver Plate Co." and has a pat. of Jan. 14th 08 on the back...

Attachments

• silver spoon.jpg
    silver spoon.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5,237
It was mentioned in another thread, that I should post my spoon found at a park, here, in the Eye Popping section (thanks Dirty Rob!)

So as not to create two threads about the same..but not wanting to loose out on a chance to post in the Eye Popping section.. lol

I think it would be fun thread if everyone that has dug up some real silver table items to put em up!!

Here is mine.. "quote from the other thread"

I got this real crisp signal, (Rang up as a 95-99 on the ATP @ 6 inches deep) put the pointer in and it pointed at the whole bottom, I'm thinking trash!. Dug a little more and tapped on the object..

The dirt fell away, ever so much, and saw the shank and in that I knew I had my 4th ever spoon!

But this one was a shiner, I knew it was silver right away. It got a little messed up from the digger, and also from whatever else it was used for..

I knew it was a keeper right away, so I put it away and took it home and cleaned it under water and a tooth brush. And wow, if this is not the coolest spoon I have ever seen.. So much detail, I'd rather dig this than a silver dollar IMO...

Thanks all!!

<*)))>{

1.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-1.jpg
Your spoon is amazingly beautiful and an awesome work of art! I love it! Congrats!

I found a spoon handle earlier this year. Does that count? I never could find the rest of it. I might have to go back and re search the area again. I would love to get the other half.

14 grams of silver

Attachments

• spoon.jpg
    spoon.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 5,086
  • spoon%20back.jpg
    spoon%20back.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 5,183
Back
Top Bottom