I Have The 'Beast' Headed My Way

beephead

Elite Member
I've bought, sold and used 2 Tesoro Tejon detectors and I never did master either one of them. Oh, I found lots of goodies with them, but I never felt that I was getting the most out of them. I always grabbed one of my other Tesoro detectors instead of a Tejon.

Here for the last year or so I've been trying all of the latest and greatest high dollars detectors on the market and let my Tesoro detectors collect dust until a couple of days ago. I hit a front yard with my modded Cibola and at first, I was struggling with using a single audio tone again. After about 5 minutes I got the hang out it and I was popping coins left and right, even a couple of coin spills. I forgot how efficient Tesoro detectors are at finding good targets that other detectors miss. Plus, they're just fun to use.

Anyhow, I'm going to master the Tejon! Just hide and watch me. lol

beephead

You master anything you touch buddy!! I don’t have a doubt in my mind you won’t master that as well!! I LOVE Tesoro machines as they were my first and loved them since. Some reason though I can’t just go back and I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You master anything you touch buddy!! I don’t have a doubt in my mind you won’t master that as well!! I LOVE Tesoro machines as they were my first and loved them since. Some reason though I can’t just go back and I’ve tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm going to be doing some testing with my Tesoro detectors to see if my Equinox, Deus, and CTX 3030 detectors are leaving any good targets behind. It should be fun and telling.

beephead

I've bought, sold and used 2 Tesoro Tejon detectors and I never did master either one of them. Oh, I found lots of goodies with them, but I never felt that I was getting the most out of them. I always grabbed one of my other Tesoro detectors instead of a Tejon.

Here for the last year or so I've been trying all of the latest and greatest high dollars detectors on the market and let my Tesoro detectors collect dust until a couple of days ago. I hit a front yard with my modded Cibola and at first, I was struggling with using a single audio tone again. After about 5 minutes I got the hang out it and I was popping coins left and right, even a couple of coin spills. I forgot how efficient Tesoro detectors are at finding good targets that other detectors miss. Plus, they're just fun to use.

beephead
I've had the same thing happen Beep. Hammered a spot with the Etrac for months and one day decided to fire up the Troy Shadow x2 (Tesoro) and immediately found 3 Alabama Cadet Corp buttons in great condition within a three foot circle. It's hard to explain but it's happened on several occasions.

http://www.tesoro.com/info/fieldtests/current/tejon/

I'll recommend this review for the Tejon, I used to hunt with these guy's and it's a pretty good report with some good tips.

Last edited:
You will find something, too many variables such as moisture in the ground, sweep speed of coil, GB, emi, overlapping of coil sweeps, depth and unmasking capabilities of all machines involved, directions you approach the area from. And many more. I like my mojave and in my tests it is a very capable unmasker, i will keep it till it breaks, and hopefully if it ever does someone will be able to fix it.

I won't be surprised at all that you find more. Tesoros, older fishers and whites anolog machines seem to always find what others have missed.

In my experience you will always find things left behind higher end machines with beep and dig units like tesoro. When you dont have much info on a target you tend to dig more stuff which includes good targets and trash. Most people using detectors such as ctx have so much more info about targets they tend to cherry pick more and are more likely to pass up targets that dont look or sound so good. Good luck on your search for missed goodies!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi Beep head. You know as well as I do and many others on here. All detectors make some kind of beep or noise to let you know something is under that coil. And how many times is a nice coin only up to maybe 4 inches deep. Yes, some are more, but for most, not very deep. Even our little Tesoro Compare goes deep enough to get them coins. At home I hunt with my cousin. He has a V3I. He is all the time playing with the buttons to try to figure out what to do. I always ask him, can't you just turn it on and hunt instead of trying to figure out how to work that thing. That is why I like a beep and dig detector. Just turn it on and hunt. I also have had them very expensive detectors. I would give them 1 year. I went back to my simple beep and dig. The one high dollar detector played so much music, I just could not learn nothing with it.
Also that little Compare will find some of the smallest gold items. I have some small chains that none of my other detectors will hit on. I have found more gold items with my beep and dig than anything I have ever owned.
Good luck to all.. KEN. :D

Hi Beep head. You know as well as I do and many others on here. All detectors make some kind of beep or noise to let you know something is under that coil. And how many times is a nice coin only up to maybe 4 inches deep. Yes, some are more, but for most, not very deep. Even our little Tesoro Compare goes deep enough to get them coins. At home I hunt with my cousin. He has a V3I. He is all the time playing with the buttons to try to figure out what to do. I always ask him, can't you just turn it on and hunt instead of trying to figure out how to work that thing. That is why I like a beep and dig detector. Just turn it on and hunt. I also have had them very expensive detectors. I would give them 1 year. I went back to my simple beep and dig. The one high dollar detector played so much music, I just could not learn nothing with it.
Also that little Compare will find some of the smallest gold items. I have some small chains that none of my other detectors will hit on. I have found more gold items with my beep and dig than anything I have ever owned.
Good luck to all.. KEN. :D

Ken, my very first detector was a Compadre, I swung that Compadre for years with great results. I swore up and down that I'd never sell that detector, but I did just that after I bought a Mojave. The Mojave is just like the Compadre in my soil, except it's deeper. You might want to give one a try.

beephead

Ken, my very first detector was a Compadre, I swung that Compadre for years with great results. I swore up and down that I'd never sell that detector, but I did just that after I bought a Mojave. The Mojave is just like the Compadre in my soil, except it's deeper. You might want to give one a try.

beephead

I already a got one. As soon as they came out. I got one. Back when they come out, you got one right away. I was here in the Philippines at the time. I kept reading your post on how it was doing. Than more people was getting one. I said crappie, I want one. So I called Rusty Henry from the Philippines. He had one he would peak up for me. I had him send it to my sisters house back home. That way I will have it when we come home. Well, I been using it ever since than. I really like it for my kind of hunting. It goes plenty deep enough for me. I don't like digging to China for a coin. Like I said, I like it. All my other Tesoro are put away for now. No plan on selling any of them.
You take care my friend. Nice to fear from you again. Right now , we are here in the Philippines. Home in March.. take care.. KEN:D

beephead

hot damn! man! you doing' great with that mojave! guess ya really think ya need the tejon..any way! why not? they say it's deep!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I already a got one. As soon as they came out. I got one. Back when they come out, you got one right away. I was here in the Philippines at the time. I kept reading your post on how it was doing. Than more people was getting one. I said crappie, I want one. So I called Rusty Henry from the Philippines. He had one he would peak up for me. I had him send it to my sisters house back home. That way I will have it when we come home. Well, I been using it ever since than. I really like it for my kind of hunting. It goes plenty deep enough for me. I don't like digging to China for a coin. Like I said, I like it. All my other Tesoro are put away for now. No plan on selling any of them.
You take care my friend. Nice to fear from you again. Right now , we are here in the Philippines. Home in March.. take care.. KEN:D

i got one too! use it for curb strips and totters!..love it for that! always with me when I'm out and about...outrageous little detector! tough to find now! been sucked up since they croaked...may join ya one day in the phils..thinkin' about
retiring there. costs too much to live here anymore! (lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

i got one too! use it for curb strips and totters!..love it for that! always with me when I'm out and about...outrageous little detector! tough to find now! been sucked up since they croaked...may join ya one day in the phils..thinkin' about
retiring there. costs too much to live here anymore! (lol)

(h.h.!)
j.t.

You better do a lot of hard research before retiring here. I get tired of this place after 4 months You just can not trust anyone. I lived here for 18 years now. The more I come here, the more I hate it. Winter sure is looking good. Many things are going way up in price because so many people come here to live. They think money grows on trees in America. Not safe at night either. I could go on for a long time, But I need a cigerett.

Ken :D

You better do a lot of hard research before retiring here. I get tired of this place after 4 months You just can not trust anyone. I lived here for 18 years now. The more I come here, the more I hate it. Winter sure is looking good. Many things are going way up in price because so many people come here to live. They think money grows on trees in America. Not safe at night either. I could go on for a long time, But I need a cigerett.

Ken :D

sent ya a p.m.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Tracking says that my package has arrived at my post office and will be delivered today. I can't wait to fire up the Tejon.

beephead

Tracking says that my package has arrived at my post office and will be delivered today. I can't wait to fire up the Tejon.

beephead

Looking forward to see what the other machines missed. I actually picked up a modded Cibola. Can’t wait to try it out!

It is already for sale, how did the comparison work against the nox, dues, 3030? I always like to hear others results, good info.

It is already for sale, how did the comparison work against the nox, dues, 3030? I always like to hear others results, good info.

I didn't compare it against those detectors, I compared it against another 'beep and dig', my modded Cibola. If I were a relic hunter, I'd pick the Tejon over most other detectors without giving it a second thought, epecially when paired with a 5.75 concentric search coil. It's mind blowing how well the Tejon can pick non-ferrous targets out of a bed of nails. Take a look at 'relics1864' YouTube video, Tesoro Tejon Board Test. Since I'm not a relic hunter per se, I'm sticking with my Cibola. Both the Cibola and Tejon are great at handling EMI, but the Tejon does it just a little bit better since it runs at a higher frequency.

This is not my first Tejon and it probably won't be my last. Heck, I've bought and sold 4 or 5 Omega detectors and I'm now I'm thinking about getting another one. lol The detector that found me 253 silver coins, plus a lot of good stuff, in just 101 short hunts has been setting in the corner for a couple of years now. No other detector has ever found me that much in one year. Also, the detector that consistently found me gold wedding bands is setting in the corner. I'm I crazy or what?

One other thing, Monte and a bunch of other White's TRX pinpointer users love them, so I bought one. I like my Garrett Carrot Stick better, so I'm going to be selling my TRX. It just goes to show that people have different taste.

beephead

I didn't compare it against those detectors, I compared it against another 'beep and dig', my modded Cibola. If I were a relic hunter, I'd pick the Tejon over most other detectors without giving it a second thought, epecially when paired with a 5.75 concentric search coil. It's mind blowing how well the Tejon can pick non-ferrous targets out of a bed of nails. Take a look at 'relics1864' YouTube video, Tesoro Tejon Board Test. Since I'm not a relic hunter per se, I'm sticking with my Cibola. Both the Cibola and Tejon are great at handling EMI, but the Tejon does it just a little bit better since it runs at a higher frequency.

This is not my first Tejon and it probably won't be my last. Heck, I've bought and sold 4 or 5 Omega detectors and I'm now I'm thinking about getting another one. lol The detector that found me 253 silver coins, plus a lot of good stuff, in just 101 short hunts has been setting in the corner for a couple of years now. No other detector has ever found me that much in one year. Also, the detector that consistently found me gold wedding bands is setting in the corner. I'm I crazy or what?

One other thing, Monte and a bunch of other White's TRX pinpointer users love them, so I bought one. I like my Garrett Carrot Stick better, so I'm going to be selling my TRX. It just goes to show that people have different taste.

beephead

Just curious as what two machines are sitting in the corner. I can relate to you, what i perceive to be a couple of my better machines are also hanging on the wall in my garage while i play with others.

Just curious as what two machines are sitting in the corner. I can relate to you, what i perceive to be a couple of my better machines are also hanging on the wall in my garage while i play with others.

The F75-DST with the Sharpshooter search coil for cherry-picking silver coins and my modded Tesoro Cibola with the Sharpshooter search coil for gold rings and jewelry.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom