Detech Utimate 13 coil with Whites VX3

koz303303

I was considering to buy the Detech Utimate 13 coil to use on my Whites VX3. I was wondering if any forum members have used this combination. I was wondering if the depth display would be accurate, or how far off would it would be, due to there is no coil selection on the VX3. Jim

I was considering to buy the Detech Utimate 13 coil to use on my Whites VX3. I was wondering if any forum members have used this combination. I was wondering if the depth display would be accurate, or how far off would it would be, due to there is no coil selection on the VX3. Jim

My ultimate on my v3i is one of the most stable coils i have ever put on it. Accuracy on depth is very good on my machine. I honestly without firing it up cannot remember what coil selection i use. Experiment with recovery to get the best for your machine. I think i run mine from 80-90 ish.

I have both the U13 and the Detech 10x12 coil for the V3i. IMPO, the 10x12 SEF rocks! My U13 has maybe 10 hours of time, after several years of ownership.

It is a little lighter in weight than the SEF, but the SEF, for me, stays on my V. I will use an SEF 8x6 by choice for a smaller coil. I got a great deal on the U13 back then, so I just HAD to test it.

I have both the U13 and the Detech 10x12 coil for the V3i. IMPO, the 10x12 SEF rocks! My U13 has maybe 10 hours of time, after several years of ownership.

It is a little lighter in weight than the SEF, but the SEF, for me, stays on my V. I will use an SEF 8x6 by choice for a smaller coil. I got a great deal on the U13 back then, so I just HAD to test it.

I have bought 2 of the 8x6 for my v3i and neither was good enough to run all 3 freq. Heard i am not the only one with that problem. Did you just get lucky?

Square Nail Squirrel on UTube has a few great videos using the Ultimate coil. From all indications it appears to work wonderfully. Check him out guarantee you’ll enjoy it!

I know you can run the 10" dd setting on the V3I with the utimate 13 coil, but the VX3 does not have those settings, thats why i was asking about the VX3. Thanks for you replies.

I had the ultimate 13 with my V3i and never really liked it, seemed the emi was worse and I didn't see much of any depth gain in real world or air test....for coin shooting I preferred the 950 concentric over all else.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have bought 2 of the 8x6 for my v3i and neither was good enough to run all 3 freq. Heard i am not the only one with that problem. Did you just get lucky?

I also bought 2 of the 8x6 coils, and neither overloaded with sensitivity maxed at 15...the verification test in V-rated coils during 3 frequency operation of the V3i. I did lose a connector on one but that's mechanical. Guess I got lucky. My 10x12 SEF and Ultimate 13 passed also. I never learned to like the U13 right from the start of using it.

This was all nearly 8 years back.

Back
Top Bottom