• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Insane!!

Well BOTH my thoughts failed.

First the water was like a mud puddle. Couldn't see over two inches. Drone would not be able to see anything.

Jumped in with waders, my CZ-20 and a scoop and WOW. The whole bottom was bell tones. Where he lost it was a commercial dock for over 100 years. I scooped up tons of nails, bottle tops and all sorts of iron.

This will be a divers dream in the summer. No metal detector will work but I will be able to fan the bottom and see what is down there. I could not believe all the square nails and old iron there.

A magnet would drive me CRAZY. Wish I could have got pictures of what was in each scoop.

We will have to wait till the water clears up to see it before we can get it. That is just the way it is in this spot. BUT he told me I will be welcome back and be able to park at his house whenever I want this summer.

I did find one coin like thing in a scoop. It is in my waders and will get it out later today to see what it is. BRRRR it was cold on my hands in my trappers gloves. I didn't have hand warmers.

Well BOTH my thoughts failed.

First the water was like a mud puddle. Couldn't see over two inches. Drone would not be able to see anything.

Jumped in with waders, my CZ-20 and a scoop and WOW. The whole bottom was bell tones. Where he lost it was a commercial dock for over 100 years. I scooped up tons of nails, bottle tops and all sorts of iron.

This will be a divers dream in the summer. No metal detector will work but I will be able to fan the bottom and see what is down there. I could not believe all the square nails and old iron there.

A magnet would drive me CRAZY. Wish I could have got pictures of what was in each scoop.

We will have to wait till the water clears up to see it before we can get it. That is just the way it is in this spot. BUT he told me I will be welcome back and be able to park at his house whenever I want this summer.

I did find one coin like thing in a scoop. It is in my waders and will get it out later today to see what it is. BRRRR it was cold on my hands in my trappers gloves. I didn't have hand warmers.

The "bolded" piece makes it all worthwhile! :D:cool:

Here is my coin tumbler. I found it at the Habitat Restore. It is actually a gallon can sealer. The Nesquick container was too large. I found a Red Hots hot dog container that worked just fine.

Interested in your homemade tumbler also.

how deep do you figure the water is where Phone was lost?

When I was first learning how to scuba diver I had to do a dive in a outside pool with snow on the ground. I was doing a make up date and could not use the regular inside heated pool.:grin:

Ray

Make up date... like... she broke up with you and you had to jump into freezing water before she would come back? :shock:

:laughing:

R5

Going in the water today. A very important Iphone took the plunge in lake St. Clair. He needs it. It is 28° out right now. I will meet him at 3pm. I have two methods of attack I think.

Well, the good news is that the water will be warmer than the air. :)

If anyone can find it I would bet on you sir.
Enjoy the posts .Friday is going to be 70 Deg then drop to the 30s Saturday hi from the Dallas Fort Worth Texas area
Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom