San Francisco Feb 7-10

Gnarwhal

Forum Supporter
Wondering if anyone is near SF area? I'm heading out there for a few days (Feb7-10) and would love to link up for a few hours and see what the detector could provide! I'll have a rental car and son and possibly wife in tow...so detecting at a beach would be the most appealing! Thanks so much all!

Cheers

I also wanted to detect the beaches there but was told to be cautious. Most are a marine sanctuary, which means no detecting.
Let us know what you encounter.

Wondering if anyone is near SF area? I'm heading out there for a few days (Feb7-10) and would love to link up for a few hours and see what the detector could provide! I'll have a rental car and son and possibly wife in tow...so detecting at a beach would be the most appealing! Thanks so much all!

Cheers

All the beaches in San Francisco are National parks so no detecting there at all, BUT if you go slightly south in Pacifica you can detect beaches there and further south!

Gnarwhl, the only beaches in the San Francisco area that are supposedly off-limits, is any federally administered beaches. That would be : Any under the GGNRA domain. All the others are okay. You can see the boundaries on maps for which beach is under what public entity.

And I say "supposedly ", because: There's been a few humorous incidents of persons who simply didn't know any better. And they went for months or years, and nobody ever said so much as "boo" to them. And another guy who was trying to do a posse search for a lady who lost a gold ring. He fretted himself silly about how he was going to do it. In the end, he just went. Figuring that, after all, he was doing a legitimate search. No problem for him either. But that's a different subject for a different thread.

Gnarwhal, if you want to try your hand at turf, pm me. I have a particular spot on a particular Greenbelt, that any time I'm in San Francisco I can always count on getting several more Wheaties and a silver or two.

Back
Top Bottom