Family time means coins come out

jkbemdavis

Elite Member
Looking forward to some fun hunting with family. I was able to acquire another bag of nickels and pennies. I’m hoping the nieces enjoy looking for some keepers and don’t just think their uncle is a crazy old coot. Lol!

Looking forward to some fun hunting with family. I was able to acquire another bag of nickels and pennies. I’m hoping the nieces enjoy looking for some keepers and don’t just think their uncle is a crazy old coot. Lol!

My youngest daughter always enjoyed "trading money" when she was little. We'd dump out our change jars and I'd give her a quarter and she'd count me out 25 cents worth of other coins, then we'd say something like "good trade!" Great for learning math as well as coin values. She has a bag of "special money" she's found in the process--everything from state quarter designs she likes, to foreign coins, to wheat pennies.

My youngest daughter always enjoyed "trading money" when she was little. We'd dump out our change jars and I'd give her a quarter and she'd count me out 25 cents worth of other coins, then we'd say something like "good trade!" Great for learning math as well as coin values. She has a bag of "special money" she's found in the process--everything from state quarter designs she likes, to foreign coins, to wheat pennies.

I love this. As a teacher I have always encouraged any way of reinforcing or teaching math. I also love to use cooking as a way to teach fractions.

The great thing about being an Uncle, you are already branded as a crazy old coot! Larger than Life through the Familial stories!! So maximize! Play to your strengths! You never know when you may have to be living out back in a toolshed...So yeah, play it up Bigly!:laughing:

The great thing about being an Uncle, you are already branded as a crazy old coot! Larger than Life through the Familial stories!! So maximize! Play to your strengths! You never know when you may have to be living out back in a toolshed...So yeah, play it up Bigly!:laughing:

Love it... and living it !

Back
Top Bottom