Was a real eye popper for me

Drakester

Hello Folks I am new to this forum, and have been detecting for 3yrs with my first and only detector the A/T Pro. When I first started detecting I was wanting to find old coins, so all I did was find old schools or parks churches what ever I could think of to hunt. One Sunday afternoon my wife and I were going around looking at cottages about 2hrs drive from were we live, we just happen to pull into this small town and I seen this old park off to the left and said to my wife that looks like place I need to detect. so we stopped and I pulled out the good old A/T Pro and started detecting, 3rd hole in and bingo my first Silver high school ring with beautiful blue stone in it. I detected a little longer and we left, now this is when it gets strange I woke up one Sunday about 2 Months later and the first thing that came to mind is that park I found the high school ring at. my stomach or something was telling me I just had to go back to that park, my curiosity got the best of me and went back. Got there and started detecting about a half hour in got this real deep signal came in at around 85 on the At Pro dug it and WAMMMO my first 1800's coin, a 1844 Half Penny Bank Token from the bank of Montreal and says the Province of Canada on the coin. I was on cloud 9 for a week! HH

Attachments

• IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_3405.jpg
    IMG_3405.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 957
Last edited:
Definitely 2 Of my Best bucket listers to date, really want to find a gold high school ring lol. Also that 1844 half penny came in super hard and at 10+ inches deep, coin had to be in the ground for 170+yrs because it is almost flawless. Any thoughts on grading it? They were only minted for a short time. HH

Back
Top Bottom