Any Turquoise Aficionados Out There?

ring mark

I dug up a silver ring with turquoise inlays and the word "sterling" in it. There is also what I thought was a hallmark but upon closer examination, appears to be a picture of a Scottish terrier. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

First, let me say that a beauty of a find! The pyrite matrix in the turquoise is sometimes actually desired, showing it came from a certain mine, such as Kingman or Morenci. Is that a hallmark in the photo? It certainly looks like a Native American made ring. I recently sold a ring similar to that; determined to most likely be Morenci turquoise, with an unknown maker's mark, for $75. The buyer was very pleased!

First, let me say that a beauty of a find! The pyrite matrix in the turquoise is sometimes actually desired, showing it came from a certain mine, such as Kingman or Morenci. Is that a hallmark in the photo? It certainly looks like a Native American made ring. I recently sold a ring similar to that; determined to most likely be Morenci turquoise, with an unknown maker's mark, for $75. The buyer was very pleased!

Thanks! No hallmark on it. It's one of my favorite finds. I'd let it go for $75 though. Let that buyer take a look at the pics! :D

Back
Top Bottom