There must be ALOT of people frozen out!

IDXMonster

Elite Member
The number of DIFFERENT regulars posting pics of finds or just stories of hunts is down DRAMATICALLY. This makes me think that the majority of thread posters on this section live in areas where winter is a factor in being ABLE to hunt! I don’t know what ground conditions are in other areas,or how far away from me the ground is diggable(by normal methods) but I’m bored! Would you people who CAN hunt please go do so?? Threads,videos,stories...I don’t care! Don’t make me have to start inventing stuff here!:grin:

Frozen out here too..

I am down to hunting salt water beaches only....ohhh the pain... :yes:

Went fishing today. 10-15 degrees and 3-4 foot snow banks around the river.
Will be a long time until SW Montana thaws out.
It was borderline too cold to be fishing. Tough on the hands and feet.

I’m on the every other week plan! Snows and melts snows and melts! Getting real tired of this bipolar weather! I’m ready for spring and steady warm weather....

Between the constant freeze/melt cycle I've been going through here it's either been to frozen or the ground has just been a soupbowl. Not my idea of a good time opening a plug only to have it immediately fill with ice cold water. Only been a few days I've been out since the beginning of the year. Not found anything worth posting unless you wanna see can slaw and trash.

I'm in Massachusetts. The fields are frozen but temps are supposed to reach the upper 40's today. I may try some woods and see if I can find some unfrozen ground among the trees, but we also got some snow this week which won't help.

I hear you Kev , the rosy fix I got driving south last weekend for that funeral has now worn off .. I woke up this Saturday morning with a feeling of hopelessness with the sub zero week and the the snow cover 😐
My mind should be at peace with the saves we made in January.
Guess what ? It is not my brother . The wheels in my head are turning 🤔
I think I'll fix Trappers pinpointer and think about it for a wile.
,Dew

I'm about locked out here, I haven't hunted in over a week, and had trouble last time out getting into the ground, even in my wooded spots....not to mention the 2-3" of snow and ice that fell Wednesday. Ill be giving it a go tonight but with spots so limited, the finds will be limited too :roll: good luck when you get back out there!

I hear you Kev , the rosy fix I got driving south last weekend for that funeral has now worn off .. I woke up this Saturday morning with a feeling of hopelessness with the sub zero week and the the snow cover 😐
My mind should be at peace with the saves we made in January.
Guess what ? It is not my brother . The wheels in my head are turning 🤔
I think I'll fix Trappers pinpointer and think about it for a wile.
,Dew

Doesn’t Trapper have like 3 dead pinpointers?:lol: Damn I love my Sunray probe,just doesn’t work well on the CTX!
I’ve got 5-7” of new snow since yesterday’s offering from the snow gods,so Ive resolved to stay inside and talk smart on the forums..;)

Yep, buried and frozen in!...So what I do is bag coil and sweep over the snow! When a guy hits a likely target, you kick the snow off, pinpoint the target, then, you carefully place one of those 'Hothand' heat packets on top of it, and over that you put a piece of tin foil, then cover the both with a styrofoam coffee cup..then you cover the set with the snow to insulate, poke a little wire shaft orange flag thingy that surveyors use to mark the spot, and come back to dig the target 20hrs later after the ground thaws out over the target!....Thats what I do! ...:laughing:

Attachments

• bag coil-2.jpg
    bag coil-2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 420
  • bag coil-4.jpg
    bag coil-4.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 443
  • bag coil-5.jpg
    bag coil-5.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 432
  • hot hands.jpg
    hot hands.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 435
I'm about locked out here, I haven't hunted in over a week, and had trouble last time out getting into the ground, even in my wooded spots....not to mention the 2-3" of snow and ice that fell Wednesday. Ill be giving it a go tonight but with spots so limited, the finds will be limited too :roll: good luck when you get back out there!

I have COMPLETE faith you’ll barf up something,somehow. Always happens! It’s so damn cold here even if there WAS a way of digging it’s just too cold at 6 degrees to have the machine outside...or ME outside!
Go get it tonight Cellr! Do it within reason though...:grin:

Buried to my knees in white stuff. Hopefully after all this stuff melts we can all get out. Hoping for a record year once my equinox shows up. This will give me time to tinker with it a bit prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its sorta fun to hunt inside the house during the Winter!...toss a handful of clad out on the carpet, turn off all the lights and see if you can find it by ear alone!

Once you get good discing out the subfloor nails and plumbing, blind hunting, you have the Wife run around the house wearing nothing but rings and chains and hide from you.....in the dark, you are also naked of course, and you gotta try to find her with your detector just by ear for your reward!...Its one Fun Indoor Wintertime Game!

Note of caution: a dog collar license sounds a whole lot like a nice chain or a ring...so put Fido into his kennel before hand to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings.....:laughing:..

Its sorta fun to hunt inside the house during the Winter!...toss a handful of clad out on the carpet, turn off all the lights and see if you can find it by ear alone!

Once you get good discing out the subfloor nails and plumbing, blind hunting, you have the Wife run around the house wearing nothing but rings and chains and hide from you.....in the dark, you are also naked of course, and you gotta try to find her with your detector just by ear for your reward!...Its one Fun Indoor Wintertime Game!

Note of caution: a dog collar license sounds a whole lot like a nice chain or a ring...so put Fido into his kennel before hand to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings.....:laughing:..

Note to self .... Self ! Read all of muds long posts to the very end before attempting one of his hunting techniques or winter pastimes 😳
Just sayin...
, Dew

Buried to my knees in white stuff. Hopefully after all this stuff melts we can all get out. Hoping for a record year once my equinox shows up. This will give me time to tinker with it a bit prior.

A new equinox mike ? Can't wait !! Spring will come bro. 👍

Ya I have had one in order since day one...just a tad excited to put it to work with the new 15 coil they will release later

Good to hear from you Mike! It’ll be great to have at least one EQ in the group to see how it competes with the other machines our contingent runs. I must say that I’m quite pleased with the sounds I hear so far. Let’s just say that they are familiar to my ear. This thing is looking physically like a composite of the CTX handle,the Go Find controls and the Compadre chassis. If I get one I’m going to call it “the Mutt”.:lol:
I hope you get your “Mutt” soon!

Ya I have had one in order since day one...just a tad excited to put it to work with the new 15 coil they will release later

Bret was thinking XP , you know how he likes the speed of his V . He is good to 8 inches on a dime with tat V but A 15 inch on that new Minelab with its lower profile might be the ticket . Any top secret info on the speed of the thing ?
. can you fly around with the thing? Have you seen guys swinging it?

Thanks ,

Bret was thinking XP , you know how he likes the speed of his V . He is good to 8 inches on a dime with tat V but A 15 inch on that new Minelab with its lower profile might be the ticket . Any top secret info on the speed of the thing ?

. can you fly around with the thing? Have you seen guys swinging it?

Thanks ,

People just getting them now and the guys testing then say it’s amazing in speed and depth. It’s a Minelab...Enuff said. I have owned 4 Deus and like it but TID has always lacked at depth and from what I see and hear this new technology from the Equinox is the ticket.

Good to hear from you Mike! It’ll be great to have at least one EQ in the group to see how it competes with the other machines our contingent runs. I must say that I’m quite pleased with the sounds I hear so far. Let’s just say that they are familiar to my ear. This thing is looking physically like a composite of the CTX handle,the Go Find controls and the Compadre chassis. If I get one I’m going to call it “the Mutt”.:lol:

I hope you get your “Mutt” soon!

Thanks brother and will definitely all get a chance to swing the Q soon. Miss all the guys but already booked my 7 weeks of vacation so plenty of time this year...we hope

Back
Top Bottom