Equinox Prices

WyoTom

Elite Member
Not sure if it’s a rumor or what but I read somewhere(forgot where) that Equinox prices were going up next year....

Hopefully this is not true. Would be a bad move with people out of jobs during a pandemic

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Havent heard the rumor but i expect nearly everything to go up in price with a new administration taking power.

Increasing the price of the equinox would be a step backwards for minelab IMO. Doesnt the usual trend go the other way? I still think they will sell, but a very questionable move on minelabs part, if this is true. Almost like they are increasing the price because they know people will still pay it... I love the equinox, but with the ergonomics, faulty waterproofing, coil ears snapping, and arm cuffs breaking, Minelab is going to have to make some major IMPROVEMENTS if they expect people to pay MORE. Just my .02!

Increasing the price of the equinox would be a step backwards for minelab IMO. Doesnt the usual trend go the other way? I still think they will sell, but a very questionable move on minelabs part, if this is true. Almost like they are increasing the price because they know people will still pay it... I love the equinox, but with the ergonomics, faulty waterproofing, coil ears snapping, and arm cuffs breaking, Minelab is going to have to make some major IMPROVEMENTS if they expect people to pay MORE. Just my .02!

Ergonomics? You haven't used an At pro/Max have you?:lol:

The price better not go up:mad:

If it is true, the potential bright side is that it should make re-sale value of used units hold their own or go up if you should decide to sell too. It is all relative.

I'd be surprised if the prices went up without any corresponding improvement to the machines.

Agreed on all points.

We have a rule... no politics... talk about rising prices all you want but keep politics off the forum...

Haha I think the equinox is a steal at the current price. Especially the 600. They will have no problem selling them at a higher price. The equinox has proven over the last 2 years that it is the best machine on the market at current price. Only machines that can compete are deus and ctx and they are much more expensive. Smart move by minelab if it's true.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Haha I think the equinox is a steal at the current price. Especially the 600. They will have no problem selling them at a higher price. The equinox has proven over the last 2 years that it is the best machine on the market at current price. Only machines that can compete are deus and ctx and they are much more expensive. Smart move by minelab if it's true.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I agree that it is one of the best machines internally on the market right now, but my bounty hunter is built better than the equinox :laughing: if they raise the price, and don't address at least SOME of these very common, low cost issues, I probably wouldn't buy another. I'm sure I'm not alone either. Sure one can buy aftermarket accessories and make the balance better, but that's just adding to the total price paid for the detector anyway. Shoot the 15" coil costs 240$! Your talking CTX prices here already, and its maybe 1/3 of the price of the CTX :shock: now If they made an equinox 1000, and fixed all these issues, and put the price tag around $1,000 count me in!

The Equinox is the best all around detector out there in my opinion. I think it's under priced as it is. It's the only detector I would replace immediately if stolen and I have an Etrac too. I only keep Etrac for a backup detector, otherwise it would be gone. The only time I use the Etrac is when I run into bad EMI with the Equinox.

The Equinox is the best all around detector out there in my opinion. I think it's under priced as it is. It's the only detector I would replace immediately if stolen and I have an Etrac too. I only keep Etrac for a backup detector, otherwise it would be gone. The only time I use the Etrac is when I run into bad EMI with the Equinox.

I agree with longbow. I was on the waiting list and got one of the first runs of the equinox. Never had any problems with mine. I did replace the shaft with an anderson shaft, but could have kept using the stock shaft as the well known issue of shaft wobble was very slight and completely disappeared with a little electrical tape. I just lusted over that carbon fiber anderson shaft and needed a reason, any reason, to buy it. Lol. I’ve had mine submerged for a few hours and never had any leaks, but I don’t do a lot of water hunting so long term waterproofing is unknown. I haven’t broken a coil ear yet either although I do have a coil ear stiffener on order from one of the forum members. I love my nox, it’s such a versatile detector. I would probably only replace it with an equinox 1000.

I remember seeing a note on Big Boys Hobbies site that the Minelab Gold Monster price was going up in October. It’s very possible that Minelab is just doing some general price increases to offset production costs. I am a Parts Coordinator for a nation wide security company and have never seen the amount of back ordered and unavailable equipment like I have this past year. A lot of delays where the manufacturers are waiting on a single component. I would not be surprised to see other manufacturers following suite in 2021. Seems doubtful that they would raise pricing just because they “can”. That move is usually reserved for big pharmaceuticals. :laughing:

Last edited:
To each their own, but i certainly wont pay more for a detector that is flat out uncomfortable to use. I can swing my old heavy explorer for 8 hours with no arm fatigue, but after 20 minutes swinging the equinox my arm is sore :tissue: I have never broken a coil ear, but I've had the coil ear protectors on from day one. My plastic arm cuff broke after a month or two, then I ordered a metal one. Then the metal one broke too! I had to make my own arm cuff out of the broken metal one. I've dropped close to $1,000 already on a nox 600. So after one buys a brand new equinox, and after all the necessary upgrades, your already looking at $1,000-$1,200 :roll: you want to make more money? Make some low cost product adjustments, and rollout an improved version. Seems ludicrous to raise the price and not make any much needed, cost friendly, improvements.

Back
Top Bottom