Garrett Z-lynk Headphone Charging Issues

Rock Jock

Elite Member
Homeless in USA - Frequently in Charleston, SC
Have any of you folks experienced problems with microUSB charging ports becoming loosely goosey and charging intermittently? I have gotten to the field with the headphones supposedly charged, because the light went out while plugged in, only to have the headphones poop out shortly thereafter.

Rock Jock: said:
Have any of you folks experienced problems with microUSB charging ports becoming loosely goosey and charging intermittently? I have gotten to the field with the headphones supposedly charged, because the light went out while plugged in, only to have the headphones poop out shortly thereafter.
As with any type of 'plug' or 'receptacle' we have to use caution to ensure a plug going in and out straight and not get wiggled around. That can have a bad effect of the match-up or contact between plug and receiver.

I very, very seldom use a USB charging port on my computer, and one reason is it means repetitious plugging in and unplugging and that can cause wear or just enough poor contact to not work. All my USB cables are stationery in a normal 110 AC plug device. I just brought my other Apex and MS3 headphones in from my vehicle last night to make sure everything is charged up, since yesterday I charged both detector & MS-3's for my other Apex, and also made sure all my other devices, with built-in or using NiMH batteries, were full ... if they were low.

I haven't had any issues with a lost charge or failure to hold a good charge with either set of MS-3's, and the Apex devices are surprising me with how long they provide good run-time. I noticed the same with my two Simplex + models, too, and both these built-in Li-PO battery-powered models are out-lasting my other models using NiMH batteries, using either 4 or 8 of those rechargeable AA's per unit.

I'm not saying you have a product glitch, just that I am very satisfied with my two Apex and MS-3 set-ups, their charging and great run-time. Only suggesting you use a different USB port, and make sure the cable and both connectors are in good shape and masking contact.

Monte

Thanks for the response Monte! I think I didn't make myself clear regarding the issue. I think the problem lies with the microUSB charging port IN the headphones, not at the external standard size USB port or USB plug on the other end of the cable. I think it is a problem with the female end inside the headphones.

Yes, but it was only my headphone charging light stopped working a while back. They still charged but the charging light does not go on while charging. Another thing to do is You may want to clean out the charging port, you may have crud in there?
I opened my up (micro star/hex screws) and cleaned it up in there. My on off switch and volume control were not working well. Everything on mine works now except the charging light. While in there i saw there some corrosion starting on the rechargable battery terminals that i cleaned off, i wonder how long it will be before the battery fails? Mine are only 2 years old.

Back
Top Bottom