Lesche T-Handle Shovel

T I'm glad you ended up going with the 31".
At our heights anything longer would drag everywhere.
At 36-38"s after retrieving target you would have to literally carry it until your ready to dig again. At 31" you can stand up straight and let the shovel dangle with arm being straight. Imagine the extra length and having your arm bent to carry the weight for hours on every hunt.
Also with that length of a shovel, it won't hang on on a belt holder, unless your 7 foot tall. Lol

Actually ended up getting it from fleabay.
Was anywhere from $10 to $20 more on Amazon.
Used some of my dug 2020 clad to finance the acquisition.:D

Actually ended up getting it from fleabay.
Was anywhere from $10 to $20 more on Amazon.
Used some of my dug 2020 clad to finance the acquisition.:D

Strangely, shipping charges with Amazon indeed jacked up the price that much. Amazon failed on this one, Ebay didn't. Amazon will slip. Shipping is getting dicey, in time to deliver and these $10 w/so called free shipping labels. Nuthin lasts forever. I'd hoped you would manage between Amazon and Ebay. Smart ;-)

Yeah,
I really like the nonchalance of my 18" Lesche in public places.
I like the holster you are using.

I carry it with the handle down so it doesn't bang against my leg. It stays in place and i have never had any problems with it. i made the hanger myself and it doesn't cost much to make. It's simply two pieces of 'L' rod bent and added to a scrap leather loop.
Hanger.jpg

New shovel showed up today. Hopefully i can find something shiny to dig up with it :)
043fbfa13f52a8d67a0e928fb5852a56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Like I said before I haven't been carrying my longer shovel. I can carry it on my hanger handle down without it hitting the ground or banging against my leg. Lately my knee is going out and I may start carrying it again to use it for getting back to my feet. I have been using my detector shaft and am surprised that I haven't broken one yet.

I made it. It's simple to make and it works with either my 18" or 31" shovel. I carry it with the handle down so it doesn't bang against my leg.

Thanks, Silversmith, you inspired me to make one for my new Lesche. Turned out well, and can use it handle up or down (once the snow melts I'll be able to actually try it out!).

Back
Top Bottom