Opinions needed

Iowa_digger

So I just received my Equinox 800. It now joins my White’s V3 and XLT, and I also have a Garrett GTI 2500 Pro on order.

I ordered these 2 detectors as something new to try out since I just got back into the hobby, and I had thoughts of selling my old XLT and possibly the V3, as it is a pretty complicated beast to use.

I have heard tons and tons of great things about the Nox 800, so I think that’ll be a keeper for sure, but I’m now having 2nd thoughts about the GTI 2500 Pro, and am wondering if I should cancel my order. Not that it isn’t a great detector, but will it offer me something super special in coin hunting that the others don’t...? The display is what initially drew me in, but not sure if that’s enough.

Any thoughts out there on whether the 2500 would be a nice addition to the lineup, or if I’d be better off keeping the old V3 and XLT instead? I know some of you out there have probably run all these machines and know how well they overlap each other as far as their detection characteristics. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Cancel the 2500 while you can. It is way out dated.

I am not leaning toward the Whites V-series either. The Garretts 2500 is a boat anchor unless you buy it at garage sale prices.

Hi
I own the NOX 800 and its great machine. I know nothing about the Garrett 2500 as Ive never used a Garrett. As far as the V3i I know it very well. I guess my question does your V3 have the most current software that makes it a V3I? If it does you just have to lower he recovery speed to 45 and set the tones where you want them. Don’t let the nay sayers tell you the V3i is not a good machine. Most of them don’t have enough time using it or don’t know how to use it. I field tested the Vision for Whites before it was introduced. I have one of the first units that Whites ever produced (Vision) and have had all the updates done. When set up correctly its a awesome coin/jewelry shooter. Like most detectors you have to put the time in to learn the machine. The NOX is a great beach machine and jewelry/coin hunter. Lightweight and powerful. The headphones are kind of funky but other than that the 800 can pretty much handle just about anything.

Hi
I own the NOX 800 and its great machine. I know nothing about the Garrett 2500 as Ive never used a Garrett. As far as the V3i I know it very well. I guess my question does your V3 have the most current software that makes it a V3I? If it does you just have to lower he recovery speed to 45 and set the tones where you want them. Don’t let the nay sayers tell you the V3i is not a good machine. Most of them don’t have enough time using it or don’t know how to use it. I field tested the Vision for Whites before it was introduced. I have one of the first units that Whites ever produced (Vision) and have had all the updates done. When set up correctly its a awesome coin/jewelry shooter. Like most detectors you have to put the time in to learn the machine. The NOX is a great beach machine and jewelry/coin hunter. Lightweight and powerful. The headphones are kind of funky but other than that the 800 can pretty much handle just about anything.

Thanks for the reply. I do not have the update to make it a V3i, but I did talk to one of the 2 service centers that White’s set up before their closure, and I was happy to hear that they can still make machines the V3i....but of course it’s going to cost me $125. I should’ve done it 10 years back before I left the hobby, as it was only $25 back then. Oh well, at least it’s still possible, and I may give it a shot if I decide to keep it.

I remember that nearly everyone (myself included) 10 years back was complaining about not getting the hang of that thing, but I would love to learn it and make it do what I know it can do. I know it’s amazing when you learn it. I might have to chat with you about your settings, etc.

Thanks again for the reply!

Cancel the 2500, it’s over 20 years old. I’m about an hour and a half from Muscatine by the way!

Cancel the 2500, it’s over 20 years old. I’m about an hour and a half from Muscatine by the way!

Thanks. Already working on canceling it. :D

Nice to hear from someone semi-local. Shoot me a PM with your exact location. Maybe we can do some hunting together sometime if you have any spots. Just getting back into things here after all these years away from the hobby I don’t know where to even try, other than doing door knocking of course....

Cancel the Garrett, WAY outdated technology.
If it wasn't for the ace and the at pro Garrett would be out of business by now. Companies that are that far behind deserve to go out of business like Whites...

A friend of mine has a GTi1350, what a wobbly ill acting TURD that thing is. It might have “gotten the job done” back in the day, but these days, if you’re a coin hunter on public ground, you’d better have something better than the “imaging” coils from 20 years ago. The 800 will do you well. In fact, given what you’ve written....it will blow your socks off. Clean off your feet. No kidding. Minelab’s capabilities at finding deep coins is unmatched in the real world. Period.

Back
Top Bottom