• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

E-Trac Large Coil

hikerdude

Forum Supporter
I bought a used SEF 12 X 8 inch coil, and it's not working? The numbers are way off, and it barely finds an eight inch quarter with mixed numbers?
HELP

What other coil do you have for your machine? With the same conditions and the same test coin, what does your other coil do? I wouldn’t consider that size a “large coil”, and didn’t even know that size was even made for FBS. I’ve heard of the 12x10, not the 12x8 though...a “large coil” would be +2” over the 11” stock coil, such as a 13” ultimate or even the 12.5” Sunray x-12 or the 15” WOT from Coiltek....or larger. The field generated by a 12x8” coil will be about the depth of a 10” DD round coil, if that. I always hear, “Wow that coil punches deep”....but there are two things, and ONLY two things which dictate operational depth. Those are the configuration/size of the coil itself and the sensitivity setting, when talking about FBS. And...the WIDTH of the coil is generally the DEPTH at which a dime will be seen with decent reliability in moderate soil.
IF you are looking to go “deep coin hunting” get a Sunray X-12, an Ultimate 13, Detech 12x10, Coiltek 15”, etc.

Back
Top Bottom