The Hoover Boys and the MAX

My Two Cents

I bought an ATMax and liked it. But I then bought the NOX 800, and right away, I dug an eleven inch wheat cent, and it weighs half of what the MAX weighs, well maybe not half but it is a lot lighter. I'm looking at the ATMax brochure as I type this. There on the cover, it's the Hover Boys with their ATMax's. Maybe my all time favorite detector was my first one, I .bought it used. It didn't go say more than five inches, maybe six at the most, but somehow, I never dug a bottle cap with it. My buddy us to say, lets get out of here, too many bottle caps. And I would think, my Bounty Hunter Elite 1100 is blind to them. Only one machine I didn't like was the XP Deus. I think it was made to use in Europe,because zinc pennies sounded just like silver dimes. I dropped my NOX in the street and now it doesn't work right and I'm gonna send it in to get it fixed. The Nox works great at the beach (salt water), the AT not so much. I will never stop buying the Garrett Pro Pointer, I love it.
HH everyone

I highly doubt the others will, brad liked to venture out which is a good thing, I tell them the the nox is a way better machine but the places they hunt you could use a stick and find coppers and reales lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:saywhat: a STICK detector? Does anyone know if they make Newbee sticks? Preferably a multi frequency stick.

Hoover boys find more in one trip than most do in a year.I don't think you need a nox,or at max.You need to find places where there's coins.Most Hoover videos are in plowed fields,as are Calabash videos,of actually hunting.You want old coins,go where they are.As for your at pro,it's a hell of a machine regardless of opinions.Ypu get yourself in some old fields your at pro will light up with old coins.Any machine will for that matter.

this is ''dead nuts " accurate! location,location,location! hot damn! use a $161.00 tesoro compadre, and "light 'em up!"

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I’m sure people are gonna disagree with me,but skill is a small fraction of this hobbie.When you relic hunt,and dig it all,where’s the skill involved?
And when you use a Etrac that has spot on ID at depth,and you dig a 10 inch quarter that gave a 12 47,,where’s the skill come in?
Luck is what it is that you got the coil over it,that’s pretty much it.

the ability to research and 'score permission" is paramount.anybody can 'learn" any detector, and make the finds if the location is good!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

the ability to research and 'score permission" is paramount.anybody can 'learn" any detector, and make the finds if the location is good!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Im finding out bow how important permissions are. Been hitting the curb strips hard for only a few “modern” silver coins here and there. Private property permissions is where its at apparently. I imagine less trash and dont have to worry about someone already cleaning up. Best part about curb stripping is that it opens the doors for potential private permissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this can be true if one can remain calm and collected while explaining the hobby to the curious!..being 'pleasant' while out detecting will never hurt you, and may get you permission to hunt a few yards while doing the strips.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom