What wireless headphones for the simplex+?

Well.. The machine will only use the Nokta Makro headphones. But.. with the supplies adapter I use the Garrett Zlynk. Works very well.

Question. Why didn't you just get the wireless headphones that come with it?

Funny you ask... I've been kicking myself since yesterday for buying the 254.15 priced one from a vendor on here that no longer had the headphone bundle.
Free shipping and no tax seemed like a no brainer. But i cant quite get such a great deal on nokta headphones.
Live and learn.

marro: said:
Funny you ask... I've been kicking myself since yesterday for buying the 254.15 priced one from a vendor on here that no longer had the headphone bundle.
Free shipping and no tax seemed like a no brainer. But i cant quite get such a great deal on nokta headphones.
Live and learn.
When I got my first Simplex + there were NO accessory coils so i hunted out in the middle of a wide-open park with the 11" DD .... and no headphones. I did't have the ¼" adapter, and got mine w/o the green wireless headphones.

Today I have the 5X9½ DD mounted and use the green wireless headphones, even though they are not my favorites. They work reasonably well, but are not as comfortable as my Minelab ML-80's on the Vanquish 540, nor the Garrett MS-3 on my Apex models.

Somebody will start the year well as I am selling off a lot of new detectors this week, to include my 'back-up' Simplex + that comes with it's own set of green wireless headphones.

HistoryHippy: said:
Well.. The machine will only use the Nokta Makro headphones. But.. with the supplies adapter I use the Garrett Zlynk. Works very well.
I have to agree with you regarding the Garrett Z-Lynk MS-3 headphones as I have a set for each of my Apex units, and I also have the TX / RX/ set so I can hook up all my other detectors to go wireless as desired.

The comfort level is very impressive, the performance is unmatched, and the audio is just about untouchable. I have tried the MS-3 on a Nokta CoRe and Relic, a Fisher F5, a Teknetics T2+ and a couple of other models. When I get a ¼" adapter I am going to try them with the Simplex +. No doubt it will probably be a permanent function change.

Monte

The Zlynk work great. Keeps your ears warm when cold out but very hot in the summer. When it's summer I wear them around my neck and turn up the volume so I can only hear them.

Back
Top Bottom