• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Grab your opinion stick !!!

iBuySilver

Forum Supporter
I know we have several threads on this subject but none appear to be very current as of the last couple detector releases.

What is the best MD for all around detecting under $600

Also if you have an opinion include the best under $1000

Thanks folks!!!

Mine would be the ...

AT-Pro & Equinox 800

IMO the Simplex does everything the AT Pro can do and more for half the price. I would definitely pick it over the Pro.

A used minelab etrac for both, very hard to beat in that price range, the ID is far superior to an equinox and they are built like tanks.

A used minelab etrac for both, very hard to beat in that price range, the ID is far superior to an equinox and they are built like tanks.

X2 if used machines count. I got mine for under 600$ and it’s a beast.

I agreed with the ATPro because the Simplex is not proven over time. I also haven’t seen a lot of underwater usage with the Simplex...the OP asked about an “all around” machine.

I agreed with the ATPro because the Simplex is not proven over time. I also haven’t seen a lot of underwater usage with the Simplex...the OP asked about an “all around” machine.

I used my Simplex in the saltwater in Spain on my trip there. It does not leak and runs smoother than a Pro in the wet sand IMO with these settings: https://youtu.be/OfAcZ2yq4p0

Tough question but a fun one to discuss. I love the Simplex and for the money it absolutely can't be beat. A lot of you are saying AT Pro yet I haven't seen anyone say the Apex yet. the Apex will smoke the At Pro, the problem so many seem to have a problem with it is the ACE name. Its so much more than an ace. I think my choice would be the Apex with the Simplex following closely behind.

Under a thousand... For me its an easy choice. The Rutus Alter 71 for me. In my opinion it outperforms the Deus,ORX. I don't have enough experience on the Equinox to give my opinion on which I think is best but there is one thing that is an absolute deal breaker for me when it comes to the equinox detectors.
COILS!

The lack of coils offered for the equinox series really sets it back in my book. Rutus, much like Nokta/Makro are offering a lot of coils including Concentric coils that are a must for me when relic hunting in moderate soil. In my experience time and time again, different metal detectors, Concentric coils beat out DD coils in the heavy iron.

The Rutus also has a -90 to +90 VDI range OR a 1-125 range, I like that separation. You can also run it mixed mode. True all metal and disc mode simultaneously.

of course this is just all my opinion and preferences for what I do. The great things is we can have a conversation like this because there are so many great metal detectors on the market from some great manufacturers!

I know I'm super late to this, havnt been on in awhile. I have an ace 400, the power button is starting to be finicky so I'm upgrading a little. I like the apex and simplex. I dont like the cheap charging point on the apex and I like all the extras on the simplex. I've heard both have problems with id at certain depths. Just wanted an honest opinion on both. I dont want to jump on the nox bandwagon and I dont want to spend that kind of money either because there are times I dont get to get out and hunt. Im really leaning towards the simplex.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom