North Shore Mass

massguy

Looking for a hunting buddy around North Shore in Mass. Amateur at best but looking to learn and get out more.

Would be willing to travel out that way, especially in the winter when the ground is rock hard ! PM me if you ever want to hunt!

Sounds good, I do a lot of beach hunting. Only dry sand because my Garrett dosn't like the wet stuff.

south shore here,,,,,, whats that browning symbol are you a bowhunter too by any chance :cool:

I have a bow but shotgun is usually what I use. Early goose coming up and I can't wait. Just got a slug barrel for this coming season. My buddy is a diehard bowhunter, after this season I think i'll get more into it.

Looking for a hunting buddy around North Shore in Mass. Amateur at best but looking to learn and get out more.

Would be willing to travel out that way, especially in the winter when the ground is rock hard ! PM me if you ever want to hunt!

south shore here,,,,,, whats that browning symbol are you a bowhunter too by any chance :cool:

This page has all the makings of a nice group beach hunt!
We should pick a date, pick a beach and go find some gold!
I don't mind driving so any beach is ok with me.
Whadda you guy's think?

massguy, I live in N. Reading and work in Peabody, Let me know if you want to get together for a hunt, same goes for deer season.

well if you guys want to hit a small old beach off 93 near Boston that might have been picked clean then lets go,,,, I say picked clean because I never doubt where other diggers may have gone.

Ron,, I see you have a MX sport? I just bought one and now have a bigger coil with it,, its a hot little bugger maybe you'll have some tips for me.

well if you guys want to hit a small old beach off 93 near Boston that might have been picked clean then lets go,,,, I say picked clean because I never doubt where other diggers may have gone.

Ron,, I see you have a MX sport? I just bought one and now have a bigger coil with it,, its a hot little bugger maybe you'll have some tips for me.

Hey Tajue, Good choice with the MX Sport, A very good and capable machine.
I only hunted fresh water with mine but have had decent success with it.
One thing I can say is it's super deep, in the water I found no need to run it hot,
Sens. At 4 or 5 goes plenty deep and remains very stable.
Let me know if you want to get together for a beach hunt sometime,
I was hoping we'd get a few takers here but I haven't heard from anyone.

One thing I can say is it's super deep, in the water I found no need to run it hot,
Id be willing to take a trip east on A weekend. We could pick a freshwater lake and meet there. I have had horrible success in the water, I have not found any spots that consistently pump out keepers. I think the beaches around me are detected quite often. Keep me posted in the coming weeks!

This page has all the makings of a nice group beach hunt!
We should pick a date, pick a beach and go find some gold!
I don't mind driving so any beach is ok with me.
Whadda you guy's think?

massguy, I live in N. Reading and work in Peabody, Let me know if you want to get together for a hunt, same goes for deer season.

I'm in for a beach hunt. I live around Essex but will travel.

I'd like to say lets wait for it to cool a little because of the crowd but the beach I'm thinking of I don't think anyone swims at... I also have a permit to drive out on Plymouth Beach but I have a xtra cab Tacoma so I can only fit so many. I also know of some pretty good freshwater beaches only access would be canoe/kayaks..

also have a huge park where my inexperience using beep & digs I pulled silver quarters so place might not be older than the 50's who knows..

as for the salty beach,, maybe this sunday? I can PM people who are really serious more details to keep it private nit that this is a secret spot,

I love my MXS, though I don't use it as often as I should. Like you, I don't run sens over 5. In salt water, anything over 5 overloads.

I'd like to say lets wait for it to cool a little because of the crowd but the beach I'm thinking of I don't think anyone swims at... I also have a permit to drive out on Plymouth Beach but I have a xtra cab Tacoma so I can only fit so many. I also know of some pretty good freshwater beaches only access would be canoe/kayaks..

also have a huge park where my inexperience using beep & digs I pulled silver quarters so place might not be older than the 50's who knows..

as for the salty beach,, maybe this sunday? I can PM people who are really serious more details to keep it private nit that this is a secret spot,

This Sunday won't work for me unfortunately, but I do agree on waiting until it gets a little cooler. People are packed on the beaches here until sundown. I was going to go out for a quick hunt a few days ago and I coulldn't believe the people! I'm also game for a night hunt, I have plenty of headlamps for everyone. No one cares around here, I've done it plenty of times. Just bring bug spray if there isn't a breeze.

I'd be down most likely, would be neat if someone had a wooded permission on some old ground for this fall/winter.

I'm wondering the same thing, lots of old farmhouses around my area.

Back
Top Bottom