getting slim but not dead yet

Jason in Enid

Elite Member
I have a public spot that I have been pounding for years. I hunted it until couldnt hit any more coins with my CTX. Once I got the Nox I went back to try it again and began pulling more coins including a decent amount of silver, indian heads and lots of old nickels.

This was from my hunt a few days ago.

park1.jpg

MHC dug.jpg

Went back again to day, digging targets that read lower on the scale. More wheaties and more low conductors. A few more wiheaties, a cool lady's broach, and a quadfecta of nickels with V's, Buffies, Jeffersons and a silver war nick.

broach.jpg

3 sep nickles.JPG

But now I have hunted this section over and over. I think if I'm going to keep hunting it, I will have to start removing all the shallow trash and digging out everything in the foil range (even though I'm already pulling foil wads in the nickel zone)

Awesome finds Jason! I have already started to clean my go to site of trash. Every time I have gone back I find more keepers. Good luck!

Some great finds you got there. When you start clearing that foil hopefully you'll find some gold!

That's a darn good load of finds from one spot! I like the assortment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congrats on your finds. It's amazing what we find when we go back to hunt what we though was a hunted out spot. I'm not finding goodies like you are but I am pulling clads with my new 6" coil that I must have missed ?

Awesome finds Jason! I have already started to clean my go to site of trash. Every time I have gone back I find more keepers. Good luck!

It seems like a cliche, its true... no site is ever fully worked out.

WTG...that's some dedication!

LOL, stubbornness. I keep digging old coins so why go anywhere else? Even wheat cents keep me going.

Those are some Really nice finds,Congrats

Thanks

Some great finds you got there. When you start clearing that foil hopefully you'll find some gold!

I hope! I said just yesterday "one of these is going to be gold if I dig enough of them!"

That's a darn good load of finds from one spot! I like the assortment.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've been silver scalping this place for years, saving all the lower conductors for later. If I tried to dig everything, it would look like a rabid badger tore through the place.

Good loot!

thanks!

This is just amazing! These came after the CTX ran out of good targets? Wow!
It does sound like a place worth picking away at. Dig it all!

Yeah, but a year later I could likely go back with the CTX and still pull a few more wheaties and maybe another silver. After I clear out the foil and surface trash, I may bring out the heavy hitter and see what it can find.

Back to back trifectas I see! Just wow!

Yeah, I was hoping for the double trifecta last week, but ran out of time because I sure wasnt out of targets.

Congrats on your finds. It's amazing what we find when we go back to hunt what we though was a hunted out spot. I'm not finding goodies like you are but I am pulling clads with my new 6" coil that I must have missed ?

I have some spots that I think that 6" could pull some great finds out of. As long as you're hitting targets you didnt before, you're doing good.

Outstanding finds. Great work.

Thanks!

Wow! That's quite a haul from a place pounded by a CTX! Nice work.

Back
Top Bottom