Easy Find

beephead

Elite Member
I haven't been able to do much detecting due the heat and lack of rain. This is my second time out in several weeks. We got a little rain and I thought I'd take advantage of it. I concentrated on a curb strip that fronted a bunch of early 1900's homes. Most of my time was spent swinging the CTX 3030 with the 6-inch search coil. I found a whole bunch of coins with it including two buffalo nickels, an Indian Head penny, a War Nickel. and a few wheat pennies.

Towards the end of the hunt, I switched to the Deus. While working my way slowly down the edge of the sidewalk I got a sweet soft high audio tone with an ID reading of 96. I was pretty sure it was a silver quarter, but I was surprised to see a Barber quarter pop out of the ground. I'll be hitting that area again soon. Hopefully, I can get some permission to detect some yards along that curb strip that I just detected.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2383.jpg
    IMG_2383.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_2384.jpg
    IMG_2384.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_2386.jpg
    IMG_2386.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 236
Congrats on the barber and other coins. That Barber circuited a little while! Nice.

Get to knocking haha. Barely a barber is still a barber [emoji41]

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

Dang, that thing is slick! I would love to find one that worn. Great hunt!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks, Everyone! I'm once again waiting for some rain to soften the ground. High temperature and hard ground don't go too well together when you're having to do a lot of digging.

beephead

Nice hunting, beep! It's been awhile since I've seen a post by you - glad to see you were able to get a couple hunts in. I know the feeling - I barely detected in August, it was just to darned hot or dry...or both!

Thanks, Everyone! It's for sure one of the slickest coins that I've ever found. I'd like to see the history of all the times that it switched hands. I can't believe that that this unmasked coin was missed because I know that this curb strip has been detected scores of times through the years. I'm willing to bet that there are many more old silver coins down that same curb strip that are being masked. The only way to find them is to dig ALL targets that ring up higher than iron. When it cools off some I'm going to dig it all in a 20 x 10-foot section with one of my beep and dig detectors to see what pops out the ground.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom