• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lots Of Old Plus Much Flour Gold!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

I am off work for another 3 weeks for holidays. The last couple of days I was out hunting for coins in an older part of Edmonton. It was raining off and on, so I got out between rain storms. The medium sized coil, 8.5" concentric coil bangs real hard on coins, and still maintains a decent level of depth.

Here's the best of the last couple of days......Lots of US coins buried up here. Anyone got any ID on that military button?

On Monday, I spent a day out of town shovelling someone's old tailings into my highbanker, and was really surprised at how much gold I got. I guess each year the river replenishes the gold in the bedrock, and someone's tailings make an excellent trap for the gold.

Below is my micro sluice which I used to further reduce the concentrates from the highbanker. The rest I hand pan to nearly pure gold.

Attachments

• micro.jpg
    micro.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 272
Another fine report from up nort. I like the pocket comb damper mod.
Do you save your black sand concentrates after the micro sluice? People will pay you for that too.

Do you save your black sand concentrates after the micro sluice? People will pay you for that too.

I save them, and will run them on a miller table, yet to be built. Then, use them for slippery ice on my sidewalks and driveway in the winter.

That comb works pretty well. Lots of turbulence was coming out of the header box. The comb, very primitive idea, worked well!

Back
Top Bottom