A first and big silver

ecmo

Elite Member
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...6&share_sfid=16&share_fid=46776&share_type=sf
First posting of my finds after three years as a forum member. Finally found something worthy. Hope I'm doing this right.

Had a new permission (their rare for me)and we finally got some rain. Last week I got permission to detect a large area by the community building in a small town about thirty miles away from a nice and very friendly and helpful lady in the town hall. Worked that two different days, found plenty of clad from the 70s up but only one 1918 mercury dime and a wheaty. Noticed two nice vacant lots ajacent with mature trees, a couple of which were fairly large. Absolutely wanted to go there as you could tell houses stood there at one time.

Wednesday we had a good rain so yesterday went back to see the nice lady at city hall for permission. "Why sure go ahead, we use those on our festival days to play games on like outhouse races etc." lol.

There is a sidewalk fronting these lots. So I went to what looked to be the old boundary between them by the sidewalk of the one she told me had the largest house at one time.

Started swinging on the small incline that led to the flat area of the house lawn, going parallel with the sidewalk, back and forth the length.

First ten feet hit a clad quarter, (only modern coin on the property), next a '39 merc, a few swings later an injun, next a '44 merc. Hey this is getting good! Than couple items of trash, anyway three more injuns came under the coil. I was at a point about fifteen feet from a large old tree and near where I figured the old sidwalk would have led th the house when that sweet, rounded, high tone came across and my VDI on my mx5 read a rock steady 91 left, right and 90 degrees apart at 6 1/2" on depth reading. Oh can it be a silver half, (had never found one) no it'll probably be a flatened aluminum can. Cut a plug plus three or four more scooped out handfuls of dirt and there she was, a beautiful O mint 1900 Morgan silver dollar. Did scar her face mouth to jaw with my digger though.[emoji24]

Besides that I only dug a bit more trash and last good target was a low to mid 70s VDI that I decided to dig. Wondered about the readings as they were too high for a zincoln and too low for a copper penny. Surprise, dug a ring with a rectangular stone. No photo of markings but says, sterling pat spend. !!!? Patent pending? No .925, anybody help me on that.

Went back today and found nothing more but trash and one 1961 memorial.
Long time bucket lister realized:yes
9f92b169a853efc373733bea1ab46c49.jpg
bbe669e34758389ab9e32f8770991937.jpg
8581d7fd6cdefb8a0e6624e5b993c01d.jpg
60ea8d284009957cacd62edd476229ca.jpg
8a490cad59f85dc277011976ccd55222.jpg
abd0ac488abbb1f55eab03bcdf131284.jpg

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

:wow2: Amazing finds! :hi5: The silver especially are in great condition. :clap:

I'm picturing you just like this little guy when you found that Morgan: :detector:

:wow2: Amazing finds! :hi5: The silver especially are in great condition. :clap:

I'm picturing you just like this little guy when you found that Morgan: :detector:
Well the big silver isn't that nice anymore since I sliced her face mouth corner to jaw. Was looking for that little guy you pictured me as for a laugh with my first cup of coffee but saw nothing, even jabbed down on the screen hoping he would magically pop up, lol. Oh and yes I'm really not that big.

awesome scores, and that ring is absolutely stunning

I bet the patent deals with how the stone is being held
Thanks, that very well could be it.

Even with that scratch it's still a beauty! Welcome to the club.... I joined this year as well with an 1890-P. Looks like your ground just devours those Indians. Awesome hunt you had!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Even with that scratch it's still a beauty! Welcome to the club.... I joined this year as well with an 1890-P. Looks like your ground just devours those Indians. Awesome hunt you had!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Those are not the prettiest injuns, I did use my macro racer 2 there also which has a ground mineralization graph and ground phase and after pumping the coil it showed no mineralization bars and phase at 90 so I would think the soil there would be pretty neutral. But I don't claim to wholly understand these things.

New Silver Dollar Club Member...Coming Through!

Dang, that was a great hunt without the Morgan! That ring is awesome. Usually, if they are marked STERLING, instead of 925, that indicates it is older. Pat Pending is an old-timey thing to see too. I wonder about that big blue stone?

You busted her lip! Then again, you saved her from being buried in the ground for eternity;) awesome hunt and I love that ring! Some close up pics would be cool. And welcome to the dollar club:woohoo:

Congrats on the Morgan and welcome to the Silver Dollar Club. For future reference 925 and Sterling are one in the same. So the the Ring is Silver. You have secured some very nice permissions a got some very nice finds including the Merc's and Indians. Trapper

You busted her lip! Then again, you saved her from being buried in the ground for eternity;) awesome hunt and I love that ring! Some close up pics would be cool. And welcome to the dollar club:woohoo:
Here's some more pics for you and thanks to all who commented.
087fad0767533353a72c5789df43db23.jpg
0d74c2acc617ddd08dfa946eafe9ce5a.jpg
7dfc7cbf8da3ee35f188ef77e3e85cd1.jpg

Not that nice???????? Picky Picky Picky. A silver dollar in any condition is a very nice find even if you did scratch it. I am not sure that my old heart could stand it if I found a silver dollar. But I would die very happy.

Back
Top Bottom