I can save you some time...

SpringfieldXD

The parks in downtown Downingtown, PA looked good on paper, very old and in constant use. I went today and found absolutely nothing. It's all pop tops and can slaw. I didn't even find any clad coins. I have to assume these parks have been hunted quite a bit and still get hit all the time, they're a very obvious target. I'm sure there is still some good stuff there I just didn't find any. Of course, if you're running an Equinox you can disregard all of this, you will likely find a Spanish galleon under the park along with a full shipload of gold bullion.

Maybe they installed fill dirt and new turf, at some point in the past ?

The parks in downtown Downingtown, PA looked good on paper, very old and in constant use. I went today and found absolutely nothing. It's all pop tops and can slaw. I didn't even find any clad coins. I have to assume these parks have been hunted quite a bit and still get hit all the time, they're a very obvious target. I'm sure there is still some good stuff there I just didn't find any. Of course, if you're running an Equinox you can disregard all of this, you will likely find a Spanish galleon under the park along with a full shipload of gold bullion.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

This will put the Nox on the backorder list again!

iu

Ahh..you are on my home turf.
Yea, nothing in any of the Doylestown parks I've tried.
Many have been 'fixed up' with fill and keep cleaned out.
I've have picked out a little clad in some of the Doylestown township parks but mostly find tabs and canslaw.

Private permissions is where the good stuff can be found and it is here.

Thanks for the Infield Intell! Very good of you!

FWIW, anybody wanting to hunt in my AO, you can just forget about it! Head over to Wisconsin or Indiana or even Ohio! Lotsa old cool stuff there!...There aint nothing here in Michigan except towels and flipflops...

The only reason I am involved in this Forum at all, I'm hunting Empty cans! So I qualify as a 'Metal Detectorist' ...In Mich, We get a dime per can ya know, a guy can make a few bucks of a morning...Maybe someday I'll get myself a detector and see if I can find a few pennies...I doubt it though...Hunting empty cans is more lucrative and easier..a guy dont need kneepads or a pinpointer...:laughing:

See this one pic from a Can Run morning?? Count 'em! Theres like 3 Merc dimes laying right there! I like to brag...

Attachments

• cans 62213.jpg
    cans 62213.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 462
Thanks for the Infield Intell! Very good of you!

FWIW, anybody wanting to hunt in my AO, you can just forget about it! Head over to Wisconsin or Indiana or even Ohio! Lotsa old cool stuff there!...There aint nothing here in Michigan except towels and flipflops...

The only reason I am involved in this Forum at all, I'm hunting Empty cans! So I qualify as a 'Metal Detectorist' ...In Mich, We get a dime per can ya know, a guy can make a few bucks of a morning...Maybe someday I'll get myself a detector and see if I can find a few pennies...I doubt it though...Hunting empty cans is more lucrative and easier..a guy dont need kneepads or a pinpointer...:laughing:

See this one pic from a Can Run morning?? Count 'em! Theres like 3 Merc dimes laying right there! I like to brag...
Somedays your story doesn’t seem like satire! Seems like feast or famine at times.

Mud on my area beaches they slobs bury the cans and you need a metal detector to find them. My best hold held 36 of them. Unfortunately in this area they are not worth the effort to carry them off the beach. So I pile them up for the beach patrol or if there is a trash can available they get deposited there.

LOL love it, I know the feeling in a few of the places I go.

Back
Top Bottom