Another All Plastic Sifter..

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
Followed Jimmy Mayas video to make an all plastic sifter. Been looking at a lot of ideas and honestly I felt this was one of the better ones. This only took about an hour or so to make.

I doubled up the plastic mesh to make it more 1/4" in places. Plus I added extra half cut noodles on the bottom of each side for more flotation with more rocks to sift through. Total cost...about 25 bucks, maybe less depending on your resources :grin:

Attachments

• sifter.jpg
    sifter.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 601
Looks good! Nice and light! A great tool for calm waters.

Built a few over the years, seems the bread tray worked the best for me..I do a lot of slamming of my scoop in the sifter.

Looks good! Nice and light! A great tool for calm waters.

Built a few over the years, seems the bread tray worked the best for me..I do a lot of slamming of my scoop in the sifter.

Good point OBN. I didnt really give it much thought but I think as long as I am careful then it should work great. I havent tested it yet but I plan to use it soon in a spot that is perfect for it.

Good point OBN. I didnt really give it much thought but I think as long as I am careful then it should work great. I havent tested it yet but I plan to use it soon in a spot that is perfect for it.

I think your fine, the guy you copied your from does very good. I enjoyed his vids too. Amazing how many youtube hunters there are.

I'm just rough sometimes trying to chop up the chunk of mud or clay, but how ruff can you be at 66...:oldguy:

I watched a lot of Jimmies videos but it's been quite a while so after reading this thread I looked him up on youtube again and I see he passed away a few months ago. Sad news I really liked his videos.
That's cool you made a sifter following his design, looks good.

I watched a lot of Jimmies videos but it's been quite a while so after reading this thread I looked him up on youtube again and I see he passed away a few months ago. Sad news I really liked his videos.
That's cool you made a sifter following his design, looks good.

Thanks and that is sad news. Shoot... I thought he was still around and I thought that it was his brother that passed away but that might explain the lack of recent vids from him. Are you sure? I see that there is a memorial video for John but maybe I am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom