Video of Tri State Hunters Inc group hunt 10-15-2011

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
Six of us ended up at the group hunt at Riverview Beach Park in Pennsville NJ. Attending were myself, Dave (DGlantz), AJ (fsdigital12), John (Lawsonland), Doug (Doug73) and Tom (Amiebj). I wasn't able to meet up with Tom since the morning to see what he found. Hopefully he will PM me back or post here. I found 5 wheats oldest 1918, Dave had 3 wheats when we last spoke but him and John went for a bite then we coming back, John I know had a Rosie a Sac $1 and a President $1 plus an unidentified coin, Doug when we last spoke had a nice Merc and AJ had the find of the day with a 1913D Barber quarter in excellent shape also scored a Merc and a .925 pendant. We really did not find much clad so Beefcake, I will pm you for an address and mail you a check for clad for kids on behalf of the group. I know there is much more to be found here. I hope we can get together here again sometime. Thanks for looking all and HH...

VIDEO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7S5gFO81w

Oh yeah! You guys had some luck out there with the silver, Congrats!! Your a great looking bunch of diggers and thanks for the video. Nice job on putting together the hunt. :waytogo:

Nice video

Stinks, I could not make it. Ended up working to 1pm,and by that time it was to late to come down. Looks like your guys were having some luck. Lots of area to cover down there. Were most of the targets that everybody was digging deep?
Hope to catch the next hunt.Sorry I didn't make it.Nice video.

Great video Sean - your soil looks dreamy. Man I'd love to be able to cut plugs again and dig deep. I miss that kind of soil. You've got it good! Nice job on the wheaties. I found 6 today, cleaning one, think it's a teens one too.

Here is a post on the South Jersey Metal Detecting Club's Facebook page...Guess we are doing something right...It was a post about this video. "Something that is lacking in today's SJMDC.....take an example from these South Jersey Hunters....This is how you build true interest and motivation to be in a Metal Detecting club.....so for all you SJMDC member watching this....Take heed my friends.....it takes more than a monthly meeting and a couple of hunts a year to maintain a healthy enthused membership.....check out this video and think about it..."

Basically he is saying that the SJMDC doesn't do enough to keep it's members interest...

Sean,While I was driveing to hershey park,I thought what you guys were doing at that moment.I was stuck in a car for 2 hours while you guys were swinging the coil.The video was awesome and thanks for shareing.I'm going to try my best to do the next group hunt.Looks like a great group of guys that I would like to meet.I already had ther pleasure to meet Dave and he's a great easy going guy thats tearing up the clad and silver coins this year.H/H and thanks again for the video for those of us who couldn't go this time....:cool:

Sean,While I was driveing to hershey park,I thought what you guys were doing at that moment.I was stuck in a car for 2 hours while you guys were swinging the coil.The video was awesome and thanks for shareing.I'm going to try my best to do the next group hunt.Looks like a great group of guys that I would like to meet.I already had ther pleasure to meet Dave and he's a great easy going guy thats tearing up the clad and silver coins this year.H/H and thanks again for the video for those of us who couldn't go this time....:cool:

No problem Greg and I do hope you make the next one. Lookin forward to meetin ya...

sorry i didnt attend the group hunt i wasnt aware we where doing one this weekend sounds like it was alot of fun congrats on the good finds if anyone in the group is doing anything this weekend let me know im off saturday an sunday this weekend and would love to get together befor it gets much colder hit me up let me know

Back
Top Bottom