E-Trac question???

You cannot select the Freq's , but you can manually select the channel and override the auto. Depending on the channel i believe it does focus on different freq's. i read a post where someone attempted to show which channels might be best for finding silver. I have done this myself. I did an auto and it came up 9, i think i put it on 1 and i did find 4 silvers that day that i had missed in an area where i take new machines to play and or experiment with different settings. This small spot has been pounded.

You will find that FBS and FBS2 users will confirm that for whatever reason on certain trips out the machine seems to be super hot for silver. I think it does have to do with the channel on that particular day maybe in conjunction with atmospheric and emi conditions.

Yes the channel matters. Hit a deep target and then cycle thru all 11 channels. Eventually you will find a case where some channels hit the target and some don't. The ones that hit will be the ones to use.

I have one site that only channel 6 does well. I'm not sure why.

I also noise cancel with my coil against the ground rather than in the air as recommended. I seem to do quite well a good bit of the time. Don't know if this is a tradeoff between mineralization's effect on the signal and air based EMI's effect on the signal, or random luck.

I noise cancel very frequently, maybe once every 10 to 15 minutes. This at least gives a feel for what channel it likes, and what channel seems to be working, and mixes it up. Even tho I always run in manual, I look at the auto recommendation bar to see if one channel is more favorable than another.

Around here, I have found the best channels for silver are 2 and 9. Then 6. Then 5, 8, and 10. I rarely have luck with 1, 3, 4, or 7. 11 is a special case, as for some reason, it is always falsing with high tone noise around here, so I rarely use it.

YMMV, of course.

As for the actual frequencies, maybe an oscilloscope or some other instrument will tell you? I don't know; have not done electrical engineering since college. I imagine which channel sends which frequencies is out there somewhere online.

I've heard (not verified) that lower kHz is best for silver, while higher kHz improves chances for 'honing' in on gold. Someone (who shall remain nameless) that I trust, 'thinks' lower Noise Control values may equate to lower kHz and vice versa.

I have not personally tested these ideas, but intend to do so. My ultimate plan - is to leave my vehicle set up to detect silver and when I eventually 'turn' to head back, reset my E-trac (disc. pattern, noise channel, etc.) for gold and basically re-trace my steps.

What do you think...:?:..."Dumb idea" or "Sounds good"?????

Careful about what they means as "gold".
Most times this mean Small gold nuggets, high frequency. Also good for Small gold jewelry.
Many gold rings respond best to mid-frequencies, same as pull tabs and can slaw.

I've heard (not verified) that lower kHz is best for silver, while higher kHz improves chances for 'honing' in on gold. Someone (who shall remain nameless) that I trust, 'thinks' lower Noise Control values may equate to lower kHz and vice versa.

I have not personally tested these ideas, but intend to do so. My ultimate plan - is to leave my vehicle set up to detect silver and when I eventually 'turn' to head back, reset my E-trac (disc. pattern, noise channel, etc.) for gold and basically re-trace my steps.

What do you think...:?:..."Dumb idea" or "Sounds good"?????

The experiment is certainly worthwhile, but keep in mind that you must also use the noise channel function to reduce noise. IMHO, you will not find much in a hunted out site unless in manual mode and 25+, and that can get noisy.

So, it can be a tradeoff with how much noise you can tolerate.

Back
Top Bottom