Looks like White’s is finished.

Yup seen it posted in a few places. Started out with Whites about 25 years ago and loved them. When I got back into detecting last year after about a 10 year break, initially was going to buy a Whites again and was shocked to see that most of the stuff hadn’t really changed. Seems like they were struggling to adapt to the changing environment.

I remember reading all the East West Coast Treasure Magazine when I was younger and always wanting a White's Eagle II. I thought that was 'the Dream Machine'

Very sad. I don’t own any of their detectors and I’m just getting into the hobby but I remember the whites television ads a long time ago. Always hate to see an American manufacturer close up shop.

Never been a huge fan of whites, but still, gives us even less homegrown options. I cant imagine China has much to do with it, but what do I know? I think Turkey, England, and Australia have more to do with that business tanking than China. Just my 2 cents!

There's not many buying English made detectors mate.

Never been a huge fan of whites, but still, gives us even less homegrown options. I cant imagine China has much to do with it, but what do I know? I think Turkey, England, and Australia have more to do with that business tanking than China. Just my 2 cents!

I guess my main point is, U.S. companies are far behind the competition, even if I'm geographically challenged, it's easy to see :laughing:

There french mate...

Oh ok, never used an XP, so forgive my ignorance. My point remains the same though. Minelab, Nokta/Makro, and XP are in a different league IMO. U.S. needs to step it up, that's 2 U.S. detector companies that have closed their doors as of late, and I believe it is more directly due to the companies listed above than China. But again, I'm no expert, that's for certain, just my observation on the matter. Thanks for correcting me.

most of the parts are coming from China.. they even left the tags on the headphones.

who said tariffs are good?
might explain why UK is still producing

I got a PI metal detector that has a slight crack in the waterproof box that I wanted to get fixed. I guess either I fix it myself or find someone who could replace the box.

Not a good day!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

The younger people want the latest and greatest technology. Unfortunately the USA is falling further and further behind in that area. I suspect that no new technology is what has killed Whites.

The younger people want the latest and greatest technology. Unfortunately the USA is falling further and further behind in that area. I suspect that no new technology is what has killed Whites.

I am 53 and I like latest tech, thanks for calling me young.:D

I suspect that no new technology is what has killed Whites.

I brought that up in a local detecting Facebook group. A guy came back and said that wasn’t true and that they had recently just come out with the V3I. Had to remind him that came out like 10 years ago. Unfortunately anymore technology is obsolete far quicker than 10 years.

Just saw this of their facebook page:

We would like to share that our good friends at Centreville Electronics will continue to repair both warranty and out of warranty units.

Back
Top Bottom