Tri State Hunters Inc Group Hunt 5/20...Another First Coin for Me...

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
About 25 of us got together today at Riverview Beach park in Pennsville NJ. Another site that was once an old amusement park and once again another well pounded site. Watch the video and see many of the people on this forum and you can finally put a face with the name. Not a whole lot of silver found. I know there was a Rosie and a Washington found and a silver ring. I encourage anyone who was there to post their finds on this thread as well.

As for myself I was happy with my day. I had another first coin for me. 5th time this year I got another first. I was hunting near Randy and we talked about how I really wanted to find this coin that has eluded me for so long. I know many others have found them. We both knew they could be at this site. So maybe 15 minutes after we talked I got an 11-14 at about 7"-8" deep. Found it in the third dig and I knew it once I picked it up. Not a big deal to some, but I finally got my first V Nickel. A 1910 V with a clear date. Actually pretty darn good condition for my first one. I also found 10 wheats on the day with the oldest being a 1921. I had a 11-39 signal that was a good 8"-10" deep. After digging quite deep in some very hard soil I saw two wheats stuck together. Amazingly they were both 1946. Kinda odd. Also found some clad and did not really dig much trash. A few pull tabs and beaver tails hoping for some gold. Also skipped over many shallow zincoln signals too. All in all it was about 80 degrees and sunny. Awesome day with awesome people. Oh lastly, we had another raffle that was sponsored by Andrew at NED. Top prize was an Ace250. Guess who won...Yup I won the detector and felt bad that I won it even though I bought the tickets too and I was not picking them out of the bag. Anyway, thanks for looking and HH!!!

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xKOV69G-Jk

Attachments

• IMG_4151.jpg
    IMG_4151.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 647
  • IMG_4152.jpg
    IMG_4152.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 637
  • IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 647
Congrats on the V nickel man. Was a beautiful day out glad you guys got to enjoy it. You see the random guys there metal detecting too? Lol

congrats on the V. looks like you guys had a great day and a really good turnout, hopefully i can attend the next one.

Congrats on the V nickel man. Was a beautiful day out glad you guys got to enjoy it. You see the random guys there metal detecting too? Lol

No I didnt. I know some others we never met before showed up too. But those in the background in the pic were with us. Too bad you had to leave real early...

Sean,
Thanks for the time and effort in organizing a great day!
It was worth the 1hr. & 45min. drive.
It was fun meeting up with people from the forum.

That Lesche digger I won in the raffle Rocks!
It cuts plugs in turf like a hot knife cuts through butter!
Now I know why everyone says it's the best.
It couldn't have come at a better time!
This is what happened to my Gator Digger and my hand after just 3-1/2 hours detecting and digging in the park yesterday. Before yesterday the digger only had maybe an hour dig time on it.
The Blue circle is where the handle wore through the digger.
The red circle is the blister I got from it through the gloves.
picture.php

Sean,
Thanks for the time and effort in organizing a great day!
It was worth the 1hr. & 45min. drive.
It was fun meeting up with people from the forum.

That Lesche digger I won in the raffle Rocks!
It cuts plugs in turf like a hot knife cuts through butter!
Now I know why everyone says it's the best.
It couldn't have come at a better time!
This is what happened to my Gator Digger and my hand after just 3-1/2 hours detecting and digging in the park yesterday. Before yesterday the digger only had maybe an hour dig time on it.
The Blue circle is where the handle wore through the digger.
The red circle is the blister I got from it through the gloves.
picture.php

Nothing beats a Lesche Rick, no doubt about it. Congrats on the prize and thanks for coming...

I would have come but I had the minelab hunt in AC it was ok got 26 wheat pennies and 2 buffalo nickels

HeHe you trying to keep people away form the next hunt arnt you with that last picture no one wonts to see my big ugly mug hehe

welp yesterday was fun i ended up with 2 wheat pennys a huge silver plated skull ring an about 3$ in clad not a bad day had alot of fun cant wait for the next one

I would have come but I had the minelab hunt in AC it was ok got 26 wheat pennies and 2 buffalo nickels

I think 26 wheats and 2 buffalo nickels in one hunt is more than "ok!" :yes:

Anyhow, I missed the group hunt as I had some prior commitments... I did end up hunting for about an hour at my go to spot and found a whopping nothing! Can't wait until fall.

I had a great time at the hunt. I was only there till the raffle, and found about $0.85, but it was definitely worth it. Hopefully I'll upgrade by the time the next hunt rolls around.

No I didnt. I know some others we never met before showed up too. But those in the background in the pic were with us. Too bad you had to leave real early...

When me and another guy walked across the field in the beginning to the far corner there was a total of 3 random other people there by themselves metal detecting. They were swinging when we were all in the parking lot lol. I am sure it blew their mind when they looked up and saw all of us scattering around the park haha

Thanks

Sean , 1st of all, congrats on your 1st V nickel. 2ND thanks for having me at another great hunt. I had a good time. A young girl past me on a bike and asked me what I was doing? I told her what I was looking for -coins and jewelry. She then said there is a million of you here today. I started laughing. We did look like a bunch of ants taking over. Look forward to the next hunt.

Glad to see you all had a great hunt, I couldnt make it last minute, sorry. I hope to make it to the next one. Did anyone win the detector or are you holding off till next time. Hope to see you all soon.

Looks like an awesome time! Glad there was something there to find! Congrats on the V nickel!!!

Had a brilliant time ! Thanks for organizing the hunt Sean! I was hugging the shade, too hot for me , I usually hunt at night.
Found a rabies dog tag, a hockey medal, a couple of bullets, Canadian cent and about $4 in clad, mostly by the carpark.
Great to of met some forum members, looking forward to the next!

Back
Top Bottom