Tri State Hunters Inc Spring Group Hunt. Pic Heavy Live Silver Dig on Video!!

The Jersey Digger

Elite Member
So about thirty people showed up for our second group hunt. The first one had six of us there. This was definitely a Rockin success. A huge thanks goes out to Andrew at New England Detectors for sponsoring this event. I had a good day myself, Anthony1207 had a great day with a Barber Half. I know ther were a few more silvers found. Randy had a Barber Dime, I know a seated Dime was dug too. My self I had a couple Barbers. I will start my own thread too. We raffled off oa few prizes including a Tesoro Compadre. A portion of the raffle will goto Beefcake's Clad for Kids program. We are happy to donate $100 to his charity. All in all it was a great day with great people. Thank you to everyone who showed up. It was truly a pleasure to meet all of you. Please post your finds on this thread with a pic if you can. Thanks for looking all and HH!!!

VIDEO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSDVGJr5hsY

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpg
    IMG_3728.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 658
  • IMG_3733.jpg
    IMG_3733.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 659
  • IMG_3734.jpg
    IMG_3734.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_3736.jpg
    IMG_3736.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_3737.jpg
    IMG_3737.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_3745.jpg
    IMG_3745.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 664
Thanks for the pictures, it looks like the Tri State Hunters Inc had a great time out there today, what great looking bunch of folks. Nice going with helping out Beefcakes, Clad4Kids and giving away some great prizes! Not only are you donating to one of my favorite charities, you spent the day out digging it with friends. :cool:

Boy, would I have loved to been the first guy with a metal detector on that site. Just imagine what came out of those grounds.

Thanks again Sean for hosting this event, and also a big Thanks to Andrew at NED. very cool meeting up with some new faces and seeing old friends. i ended the day with a boy scout clip and 3 coins......1891 seated dime, 1946 wheatie & a memorial penny(not shown)
thanks again

Attachments

• P3240151.jpg
    P3240151.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 651
Sounds like a great time! I'm glad the weather was merciful today. It could have been worse weather for sure! Can't wait to see the rest of the finds! CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!

Congrats to all,looks like some great finds.Looks like a great turnout. Wish I could have made it.I had to go to my grandsons playoff hockey game. Hopefully I'll make the next one.

Great Job Sean

Sean you did a great job organizing the event. It was a lot of fun and great to see familiar and new faces at these group hunts. I can't wait for the next one. Here was my best find of the day:

Found it in the outfield between the ball fields. Only 3 inches deep. I think it's a 1917.

IMG_9270.jpg
IMG_9274.jpg

Dglantz....are you kidding me? Where's your silver man??? You're supposed to find some every single time you go out. What gives? :lol: Nice buff btw.

Great finds guys, I ended up with a clad quarter:lol: better than nothin I guess. Had a great time, just sad I had to leave before the group shot.:(

Hope to do it again soon!!!!!!!

Great hunt Sean, and thanks to New England Detectors for sponsoring. I got to see some new faces and some old silver, and that is always fun.

Too bad there wasn't a prize for the ugliest silver coin dug, as I certainly would have won. The oddest thing about that hunt was that I dug exactly one clad coin in all that time, a half eaten zincoln.

Attachments

• 032412.jpg
    032412.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 543
Had a great time. Won a Buffalo tribute coin. Needed the detector though ;( lol Thank you for letting me use your ATP Sean. My totals for the day were 11 memorial pennies, 1 wheat penny, 3 dimes, 3 blank colt .45 shells and a small knob of some sort. I'll post pics today. Once again thank you.

Thanks

Thanks Sean for hosting a nice day of hunting. Thanks NED for sponsoring. It was nice to meet some new forum members and hunt with some I have hunted with before. Congrats - Sean, Len, Randy Dave , Anthony on some great finds. Hope to hunt with everybody again soon. HH

Great hunt Sean, and thanks to New England Detectors for sponsoring. I got to see some new faces and some old silver, and that is always fun.

Too bad there wasn't a prize for the ugliest silver coin dug, as I certainly would have won. The oddest thing about that hunt was that I dug exactly one clad coin in all that time, a half eaten zincoln.

Thanks Randy I appreciate it. I know one silver isn't great for you but at least it's an oldie. Lol
Had a great time. Won a Buffalo tribute coin. Needed the detector though ;( lol Thank you for letting me use your ATP Sean. My totals for the day were 11 memorial pennies, 1 wheat penny, 3 dimes, 3 blank colt .45 shells and a small knob of some sort. I'll post pics today. Once again thank you.

Not to take anything away from who won the tesoro but I was pulling for you. Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Back
Top Bottom