• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cell Phones

hksteck84

So While out metal detecting this morning I discovered that my cell phone would trigger false read outs when ever I received a text. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Kinda funny that it was doing that. I would get a crazy read out and say to myself "Oh I got a text." lol

I was using an Ace 250... Only found 2 Kennedy's and they are the only two that I have found. I also found a lot of hair pins at least 25.

Funny you mentioned that, when I first started with the F2 I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is this thing doing. Then I realized I had my phone in my pocket! Now I tell the family it will be off until I check in or fall in a hole :laughing:

Yea i know to reach for my phone about 5 seconds before it rings.... Annoying when the wife is on a rant though.

I learned the hard way the first week I started carrying my phone in my pants pocket while MDing. My F-2 would go nuts for what I thought was no reason at all. I later learned it was EMI interference from my phone, after receiving text messages.

I had the volumn turned down to vibrate. The only problem I had the phone against my dead leg, so I couldn't feel it whe it went off. ("Dead" meaning I have no feeling in my left upper thigh, not that I drag it behind me...) :lol:

LOL hunt with a phone!! NEVER!!!!!

Please leave a message after the beep. I am making changes in my life. If I don't return your call, you're on of the changes.

LOL hunt with a phone!! NEVER!!!!!

Please leave a message after the beep. I am making changes in my life. If I don't return your call, you're one of the changes.

Hey Scuba, that sentence would work great for my answering machine. Mind if I steal it?? :laughing:

Funny, just last week there was another member asking if cell phones could interfere with their metal detector. I answered that yes, certain combinations of phones and detectors do suffer from interference.

Umpteen members proceeded to post that they've never had any interference problems.

Back
Top Bottom