Freeway Gold

KOB

Forum Supporter
So this afternoon as I'm driving on the freeway , my eye catches the distinct glimmer of gold ! Years ago the same thing happened on a highway and I was able to turn around and yes it was a gold wedding band.

My 1st reaction was "that's another gold ring". So I pull off , get back on and after 2 more passes on the freeway , it was a nice gold ring. But now I can't just stop the freeway and die for a ring. My mind is spinning. With my luck lately , it's probably stainless anyway. It's still there...

Smart decision, as tempting as it might be, stopping on a freeway can be very risky, you hear about people getting hit trying to change a flat, even police officers getting hit when having to stop on a freeway to help someone broken down or stopped someone for speeding.

Kob, you have an eye for treasure! To see a ring at freeway speed is pretty impressive. The bad news is, it only counts if you have a metal detector with you, you know the rules :D

And you have to wonder how it got there.

I tried to look for a ring once, where the lady was driving down the interstate and littered. As she threw the bottle out the window, the ring went with it. Never found that one.

Kob, you have an eye for treasure! To see a ring at freeway speed is pretty impressive. The bad news is, it only counts if you have a metal detector with you, you know the rules :D
Bright flashes of gold have caught my eye for 50 years. The 2nd and 3rd passes were much slower than the 1st. I had to be sure. Many times while driving I spot stuff. Just as when I walk. But on the roads 99.9% is junk metal , bottlecaps , etc. Every so often I get lucky. But I have always been able to retrieve my finds until now. Once I found a safe , early am , on the shoulder of an off ramp. But that's another story...

Treasure hunting is treasure hunting. it all counts as long as you don't buy it. Free eyeball finds count more.

Back
Top Bottom