Four Silver Day

TNTGross

Elite Member
Today started out wicked slow. I got up before the sun came up and headed to a location that once had a train stop for a little town here in FL. It was a bust. Found a new quarter and a new dime.

On my way home, I saw a curb that looked promising, so I stopped to hit it. I ended up pulling out 11 Wheaties, the oldest was 1913.

I also found four silver coins... A 59 quarter, 51, 52, and 62 dimes. To top it off, I found a 1937 Buffalo nickel.

I had to go get some work done, but after that, I went out again to a curb next to a church. Here is where I found a 79 JFK Half, (my first) a little junk ring, and a "Good For One School Fare" Jacksonville Coach Token. Circa 40'-50's.

Plus a ton of clad...

All in all, I had a good day. Just hope my wife doesn't get home from work and see that I didn't get half of my Honey Do's done.

Attachments

• 2-18-20 Hunt.jpg
    2-18-20 Hunt.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Today started out wicked slow. I got up before the sun came up and headed to a location that once had a train stop for a little town here in FL. It was a bust. Found a new quarter and a new dime.

On my way home, I saw a curb that looked promising, so I stopped to hit it. I ended up pulling out 11 Wheaties, the oldest was 1913.

I also found four silver coins... A 59 quarter, 51, 52, and 62 dimes. To top it off, I found a 1937 Buffalo nickel.

I had to go get some work done, but after that, I went out again to a curb next to a church. Here is where I found a 79 JFK Half, a little junk ring, and a "Good For One School Fare" Jacksonville Coach Token. Circa 40'-50's.

Plus a ton of clad...

All in all, I had a good day. Just hope my wife doesn't get home from work and see that I didn't get half of my Honey Do's done.

Nice job congrats.

...note to self....more curb strip hunting. Love the school streetcar/bus token, and four silvers is always a great hunt.

I've had several new places to hunt this year and as far as silver goes you might say I've beaten a few empty pinatas into pieces.

Dang, impressive haul, congrats!
Thank you
Really Nice finds.. I bet that Ring got your Blood Pressure pumping !
It sure did. It rang up 23-24 on the Nox. Thought it was going to be a penny.
Congrats on the silvers and that bus token - really likethat.
Thanks. It is a cool token. Second one like it I have found.

...note to self....more curb strip hunting. Love the school streetcar/bus token, and four silvers is always a great hunt.

I've had several new places to hunt this year and as far as silver goes you might say I've beaten a few empty pinatas into pieces.
Thanks. Been there done that.

Congratulations on a good hunt, the silver, token, buff and the rest. Gotta say that ring sure looks good in the photo.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom