• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

List of all California beaches who use machinery for sand cleaning / sifting?

OneStudPuppy

Forum Supporter
Wondering if anyone knows of a list or website which lists ALL California beaches, and lists which use mechanical cleaning methods etc.
I have been googling but not much solid results wise. I used to live in Huntington Beach for a while and personally know they do, quite a detailed job too..

I tried searching here on the forum hope I'm not duplicating a previous post..

Thanks all..

If there isn't a list maybe we can turn this thread into a list of its own.:?:

In my experience there aren't many beaches that DONT use tractor sweepers to clean trash, seaweed, and to level things out. I literally HATE them and often give them a stink eye.. it's not that they take your finds because they dont... they just screw up the topography so that you can't read a beach either way you should be mostly in the wet anyways..
Learn what times of the week they run and beat them to it

most of the beach cleaners are simply rakes, to get seaweed piles, McDonald's bags, etc... They are not capable of picking up coin/ring sized items. There is one particular brand/model that is capable, but very few beaches have that. Expensive to use, and over-kill (can you imagine picking up every freeking pebble, seashell, etc.... ?)

No

Don.t know anyone that does that, and our hobby would than probably be band, most beach machines are running wired in head phones & SS scoops, no noise , low key, doesn't bother most beach goers that want to enjoy the environment, surroundings , the water, what we do now, is making it a safer , cleaner beach,removing cutting, & punchure hazards, a service that has some rewards , something that some officials in some states just can't figure out -- the positive effect we have on the beach & land environment, if you want to run machines go up Alaska on the beaches--- for Gold, as they are welcome their , Happy hunting Earl PS now if your talking about the beach cleaner's, They are authorized by the state & counties to run them for liter clean up, you would find a free ticket to the slammer, with fines, doing what they do. :yes::lol:

I was at Oceanside beach last summer, and they were going over it with a machine that was sort of sifting/raking at the same time. Figured it must have scooped up a lot.

I was at Oceanside beach last summer, and they were going over it with a machine that was sort of sifting/raking at the same time. Figured it must have scooped up a lot.

Yea the one I remember seeing in Huntington was multi stage as well and seemed to do a good job. Think It would interesting to see after..

They are used on all the Florida Gulf beaches but they rake out the larger trash. They do not pick up coins or rings. They might get a chain but even those probably are left behind. There is always lots of coins left after they rake and most beaches are raked every morning. Talking to one of the drivers they say finding anything worth money is seldom to none.

They are used on all the Florida Gulf beaches but they rake out the larger trash. They do not pick up coins or rings. They might get a chain but even those probably are left behind. There is always lots of coins left after they rake and most beaches are raked every morning. Talking to one of the drivers they say finding anything worth money is seldom to none.

Good to know. Huntington will be one I would like to try then for sure.
Maybe an advantage after being raked, or maybe not because of the leveling..

They are used on most of the popular beaches down here. I'm sure they get any lost chains that are close to the surface, but I've gone right behind them and picked up numerous coins in their wake.

They are used on most of the popular beaches down here. I'm sure they get any lost chains that are close to the surface, but I've gone right behind them and picked up numerous coins in their wake.

Sounds awesome. Brings a little more excitement of a future hunt. I'll have to try one of these nights. No day light hours off work with the season now..
I'll take dark over frozen ground anytime..

What he said! :D:cool:

Back
Top Bottom