More thawed ground! Silver Barber, Merc, & Indian!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Had a chance to get out this afternoon for about 1 1/2 hrs, went back to a couple of homes & adjacent curb strip that I hunted when new to detecting and the AT Pro. I went slow and listened for deep and somewhat questionable hi tones, and made some good recoveries... 1915-S Barber Dime, 1936-S Merc Dime, 1907 Indian Head Cent, some wheaties from the 1920's, and a bit of modern coins. Passed up a bunch of zincolns near the surface, and did get a few modern nickels. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• barbie.jpg
    barbie.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 307
Great finds,wish all curbs were as good for me..Congrats on all

Thanks woodbutcher! I've hit about all the curb strips where I live here in Hamilton Montana. Some I am going back over again as I have learned a lot about my AT Pro in the 3 years I've used it. Probably the biggest thing helping me find more good stuff is to know that I don't need to hear a "textbook clean signal" all the time to know when to dig, sometimes good stuff is more of a mixed signal or questionable hi-tone.

LS Congrats on the shiny, Ihp and wheats. Those curbstrips seem to pan out for you. I have hit a few here but with marginal success. As far as iffy signals, I dig most and a lot of the time it pays off. Good luck Mark

Thanks woodbutcher! I've hit about all the curb strips where I live here in Hamilton Montana. Some I am going back over again as I have learned a lot about my AT Pro in the 3 years I've used it. Probably the biggest thing helping me find more good stuff is to know that I don't need to hear a "textbook clean signal" all the time to know when to dig, sometimes good stuff is more of a mixed signal or questionable hi-tone.

Exactly! I found a Canadian half that had a momentary high blip in trash, At pro is fun!

LS Congrats on the shiny, Ihp and wheats. Those curbstrips seem to pan out for you. I have hit a few here but with marginal success. As far as iffy signals, I dig most and a lot of the time it pays off. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark, yep, I do like to detect curb strips, and will be more open this year to digging some sketchy signals to learn even more.

Exactly! I found a Canadian half that had a momentary high blip in trash, At pro is fun!

Thanks Metal, I am going to try and find a gold coin this year by digging a few more mid trash signals.

I always say, dig those questionable ones because they will surprise you. Congrats on the barber and the rest.

Thanks Jam, that will be my plan this year!

Your really taking advantage of your thaw David. Congrats on the Barber, the Merc and adding a Indian to your coffers. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, with my leg and back issues I am hoping to still get out a decent amount this year!

Two beautiful dimes and an IH for good measure...congrats!

Thank you JAK!

Back
Top Bottom