3 Montana silvers, thimbles, and thawing ground!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
It was a nice sunny day here in Hamilton MT, with the ground thawing out more, so I headed out this afternoon for a couple of hours to detect here in town.

I did score a permission at a 1904 home, not a huge front yard and not a ton of targets, but I did get a 1919-S Mercury Dime, and probably the nicest Silver War Nickel I've ever dug, a 1943-S. Looks like it was dropped on the way home from the San Francisco Mint and still had some mint luster! Also found a couple of old (non precious) thimbles in the yard, one had advertising for SINGER SEWING MACHINES. I did the curb strips on both sides of the street and recovered a few wheaties and a 1927-S Mercury Dime. Also got the usual clad, sure was fun to get out and beep-beep!

Attachments

• coinz1.jpg
    coinz1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 542
  • coinz2.jpg
    coinz2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 490
  • coinz3.jpg
    coinz3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 497
It was a nice sunny day here in Hamilton MT, with the ground thawing out more, so I headed out this afternoon for a couple of hours to detect here in town...........

It's worth saying again...that war nickel is a stunner!

A productive hunt for sure!

It was a nice sunny day here in Hamilton MT, with the ground thawing out more, so I headed out this afternoon for a couple of hours to detect here in town.

I did score a permission at a 1904 home, not a huge front yard and not a ton of targets, but I did get a 1919-S Mercury Dime, and probably the nicest Silver War Nickel I've ever dug, a 1943-S. Looks like it was dropped on the way home from the San Francisco Mint and still had some mint luster! Also found a couple of old (non precious) thimbles in the yard, one had advertising for SINGER SEWING MACHINES. I did the curb strips on both sides of the street and recovered a few wheaties and a 1927-S Mercury Dime. Also got the usual clad, sure was fun to get out and beep-beep!

gotta say best i ever seen dug!..congrats!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

It's been a really warm Feb here! Unusual! Congrats on getting out! I'm liking this global warming:sun::tropical::sun2: Even if we are in a drought cycle?

It's been a really warm Feb here! Unusual! Congrats on getting out! I'm liking this global warming:sun::tropical::sun2: Even if we are in a drought cycle?

Thanks metal! Yeah, we hardly had any really cold weather this winter in Montana. Our coldest days were in late November! The rest of the year still cold enuff to freeze the ground with some light snow.

I'm glad we are getting a thaw here in Montana. I'm getting out tomorrow, I'm hoping this wind dies down a little. Great finds by the way.

Back
Top Bottom