• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do You Display Your Finds?

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
I want to know... do you display your treasures at home or in some way? And in case you missed it, the newest blog is now posted about some possible options on how to display your metal detecting finds? I listed 7 options on how to do just that! Feel free to share some photos of your own displays as well :yes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.09.27 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 11.09.27 AM.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 390
Nope, I've been told many times I should. My finds go in a box, drawer, lost or are given away. When i die my kids will give them away or sell them for ten cents on the dollar. I don't intentionally collect anything let alone display it other than kids/grandkids pictures. "It's the memories Johnny"

I have a display cabinet with glass door in the livingroom. I call it my mini museum.
This contains an estimated 200(?) pre-1500's finds. A lot era's from 500mln yo up to 1500 AD.

A coin cabinet, portable to show if necessary.
A letter set case (from presser) with some fun finds from myself and the kids in the hallway.

The rest is in boxes not presented.

On one bookshelf in my living room I have a display of the things I've found in the yard of my current home, and then next to it I have highlights from other places. When people come over now they gravitate to it to see any new additions. My wife bought me one of those old type set drawers with all the little compartments to hang on the wall and display things in my home office, but I haven't done that project yet.

Mine go atop a cheap bookshelf/storage thing. Jars in the photo separate mangled mini balls, round balls, pistol shot, and buttons. The picture frame are the minie balls in good shape either being dropped or fired without much damage. The green wood has some of the best examples of things.

I don't display my finds yet. Since one of my other hobbies is woodworking, I have been thinking about building some sort of display case/cabinet. I used to build flag cases and shadow boxes for military retirements when I was active duty... so it should be an easy transition. Thanks for sharing the site on display ideas! I now have another project in the making!🙂

My coins and jewelry finds are spread out all over my desk. If I had to find a certain item I doubt if I could do it. My hot wheels are all in a cardboard box and since I hunt where there are few trash cans the things from my finds bag are in another box. I take pictures of my notable finds so I have a record of them on my detector MS Word page.

Currently I have my finds hidden away. I do have a nice oak gun cabinet (glass door) stored away. It's lighted and I could make some shelves for it. I've seen some nice ones converted to display cabinets. Certainly not something to keep my weapons in anymore, especially these days!

Hello,
I have some of the more interesting, or at least interesting to me, displayed in my home office.
I'm not much of a decorator, i am a master controls programmer and i do not have any artistic ability but i try.
HH!
Tom

Attachments

• display 001.JPG
    display 001.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 293
  • display 002.JPG
    display 002.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 286
  • display 003.JPG
    display 003.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 285
Since I mostly find clad, I paper-roll that and deposit them at the bank. The only things I've found worth keeping have been Wheaties, a few rings, earrings, bullets, and eating utensils. All the other stuff goes into the recycling bin.

Mine go atop a cheap bookshelf/storage thing. Jars in the photo separate mangled mini balls, round balls, pistol shot, and buttons. The picture frame are the minie balls in good shape either being dropped or fired without much damage. The green wood has some of the best examples of things.

Might be simple but it look great! Nice job!

I use old blueprint cabinets. They look like this :

H20354-L124209531_mid.jpg

They're fairly cheap to come by. Because ever-since the era of computerization, No one is saving their old blueprints anymore. They're all digitized these days, so the only time const. Co's need these, is for current in-the-works plans. Everything else (for archiving needs) is digitized. So you can sometimes pick these up cheap.

Shadow boxes fit in them perfectly. Only something very big (like cannon ball, etc....) would be too big to fit.

And then I have each drawer themed with different type objects, or drawers for specific sites, etc....

Display ideas of my finds

Here are some of the ways I display my finds. I like using rustic wood and plexi glass, to give the old look. Just some ideas some of you may want to try.

Attachments

• Crappa 5.jpg
    Crappa 5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 269
  • Crappa 4.jpg
    Crappa 4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 287
  • Crappa 3.jpg
    Crappa 3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Crappa 2.jpg
    Crappa 2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 264
  • Crappa.jpg
    Crappa.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Crappa 6.jpg
    Crappa 6.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Crappa 7.jpg
    Crappa 7.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Crappa 8.jpg
    Crappa 8.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Crappa 9.jpg
    Crappa 9.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 265
I have a safe deposit box full of nails, pull tabs and shot gun hulls. After they gain in value I will sell them.

Thanks for your comments

Ditto on Luv-2-Dtect's display cases.

Just grab some old wood. You don't care if they aren't perfect. Get a circle cutting bit and cut out the size holes you need to fit the coin. Then put some solid pieces of glass on the outsides. Or use more plastic and Chicago rivets to hold it all tight together.

Currently I have my finds hidden away. I do have a nice oak gun cabinet (glass door) stored away. It's lighted and I could make some shelves for it. I've seen some nice ones converted to display cabinets. Certainly not something to keep my weapons in anymore, especially these days!

I also have a solid wood display case just waiting, yet I keep my finds hidden in the house also. A burglar shouldn't have a really easy steal.

I have thought about the display. That's what the glass front cabinet with light is for.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom