How capable is an MXT or should i consider upgrading?

rocketmoon2

I have been using a whites MXT for land hunting and a fisher CZ-21 in the water. Recently i have been thinking of picking up an AT pro or equinox 800 for hunting trashier creeks. Would either the AT pro or equinox outperform an mxt on land? The mxt sure has been good to me and was way ahead of its time in its day. I hunt open fields and lots of parks on land. Thanks

Just my own experience Rocket....I went from my single freq IDXPro from Whites to a simultaneous freq transmission machine and the difference for finding coins for ME, in MY area, with MY skill level....was night and day. I loved my Whites, still have it. Never USE it, but it deserves the closet space because it taught me a great deal about the BASICS of detecting. When the Explorer2 came along, I was digging deeper, older and more. That’s a matter of fact. If I were you, which I’m not, but if I were...the Equinox 800 would be my first consideration, knowing what I know now. I could give all of the obvious reasons, but with Minelab machines the proof for ME has been in the RESULTS, and results never lie. If you’re a guy who hunts parks, schools and ball fields, you can’t go into those with the “same old same old”....too many people have beaten that horse over decades. You need something that is at least going to get you on an even playing field with today’s detectors and their capabilities. The MXT has been a great performer for a long time. If you can keep it and afford the 800 also, do it. But you will be shocked at what multi freq machines do, as long as you give it a bit of time to understand it completely. JMO of course...

I have owned and really enjoyed the Matrix M6, MX5 and MX7. I have not used an MXT...... I also have owned an AT Gold and AT Pro. I don't have any of them presently but I do have an Equinox 600 and Equinox 800. You can probably guess where this is going.

I can only echo what IDXMonster said. I too was completely shocked by the results from the Equinox. Yes, all of those detectors I used to have are excellent detectors. For the kind of detecting I do and for the goals I have set, the Equinox is just a better choice for me.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom