• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

14 k wedding ring in the forest.

uc6446

Today I went to a spot that I have hunted a few times before. It's been very good to me in the past. I have dug a few relics from the 1800's there and I was out looking for more. I was going over an area that I have dug before and today I was just digging a lot of pull tabs. So when I got the signal for this target I thought it was just another pull tab, and I was not going to dig it. I am shore glad I did.

14k just over a quarter ounce.

gold ring # 1.jpg

gold ring # 2.jpg

Found a thick one like that on an old school playground. Thought it was just one made out of a brass nut, until I got it tested. Bet it is pretty old gold. Congratulations on a great find. Certainly worth the extra digging.:yes: BTW was it marked?

Attachments

• finds gold ring .jpg
    finds gold ring .jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,076
Great job recovering that gold band! It must have been exciting to find, especially in the forest like that. :grin:

Very Nice! What's your metal detector and how did it ring up?

I have an AT Pro. To the best of my memory it rung up in the 50's and 60's and very choppy. I was about to call it quits for the day after digging so many pull tabs. I started to walk away then I thought I have no place to run off to so what is the big deal to spend another minute or two. Went back and I am glad I did.

Back
Top Bottom