Helping the wife

Lookin4fun79

So the wife, not being use to the physical endurance of swinging her detector for long periods of time. She will get very sore and tired in a couple of hours in her arms. I have been working on something to help her support the detector. After seeing some harnesses and looking over the one she uses to support the weed whacker during the summer time. I realized that our day packs with the chest buckle, buckled up along with a couple straps and adjustable bungee straps I could make a harness that all she will be required to do is swing the detector and her core muscles will support the weight. Will try it out once weather allows us to get out. Once she hits a target she can either unclip the strap or simply move the detector over as the strap allows the freedom for that also. Anyone else done anything like/similar to this? I know as with different models and weight of detector you may want to use different bungees.

Attachments

• rsz_120200227_173052.jpg
    rsz_120200227_173052.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 589
  • rsz_20200227_173214.jpg
    rsz_20200227_173214.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 601
I used a USGI pistol belt with a set of suspenders. There's a little metal loop on the front, so I used a bit of webbing and attached it to an MXT just about like you did.

Nice!

I made up something close to what you did. I tried to attach a photo and would not let me. I used military surplus to make mine.

GLHH

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I like the vest. Would be nice when it's hot and not wanting to keep the pack on when your detecting in radius close to your pack. Would you have a link to the vest you purchased?
I got it on eBay. I remembered when I had GI LBG ( load bearing gear) now called ALICE and how easy it was to make it custom, So I looked at my old one and put that back in my "Stuff" and hit eBay.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom