Do You Display Your Finds?

Here are some of the ways I display my finds. I like using rustic wood and plexi glass, to give the old look. Just some ideas some of you may want to try.

Cool thread and awesome ideas. Love how cool those coins look, and arrowheads. Well done.

I want to know... do you display your treasures at home or in some way? And in case you missed it, the newest blog is now posted about some possible options on how to display your metal detecting finds? I listed 7 options on how to do just that! Feel free to share some photos of your own displays as well :yes:

Last year one of my cabin fever projects was to build a larger display box. I got it started but have not found time to finish it yet. I have a small one 12x18 for tokens and such that sits on my desk. And a larger one that hangs on my back porch. Obviously you can't display it all. However having some of the cooler finds on display allows me to relive the joy felt when I first unearthed it and realized just what I had found. Also gets me to thinkin' what is my next cool find. Also I'm including a couple pics of one of my coolest finds that I forgot to post on last years wrap up only because it was in plain site on my desk. Hope you enjoy the pics. Mark

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 145
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 133
No display, see them once a year for a few weeks then they go back to a safe place. I do get to look at the treasure the year of but all gets added with the reunion of all. I feel it's not safe keeping it at home.

I use old blueprint cabinets. They look like this :

H20354-L124209531_mid.jpg

They're fairly cheap to come by. Because ever-since the era of computerization, No one is saving their old blueprints anymore. They're all digitized these days, so the only time const. Co's need these, is for current in-the-works plans. Everything else (for archiving needs) is digitized. So you can sometimes pick these up cheap.

Shadow boxes fit in them perfectly. Only something very big (like cannon ball, etc....) would be too big to fit.

And then I have each drawer themed with different type objects, or drawers for specific sites, etc....

unfortunately they know the value of those around here, they still sell for like 300 bucks. I have been looking for some of those for a long time. Also been looking for old printing press blocks drawers/trays, which also can still go for like 50 bucks a piece....

Some great looking displays there. I have all my relics in bag in the garage. Always wanted to do something with them, probably should one of these days...…

Nothing wrong with that. A modest pirate stays a rich pirate! :pirate:

ha, so let me understand this: Someone who says : "I never do show & tell", must therefore be rich-off-the-finds they're making ? Yet .... too modest or hermit-like, so they don't post. Right ? Yet rest assured: There's filthy-rich-md'rs out there, that simply hide in the shadows. Eh ?

On the contrary : We men LOVE to do show & tell. A quick look at any md'ing forums "Finds" sections, shows no lack of trophies that we show to each other. It's in our blood.

At LEAST to our hunting buddies. And if there's no show & tell beyond that, I'll bet it's d/t their age demographics simply predate the internet social media forums. Eg.: They're 50 or 60+ something. The type that have to have the grandkid come help them navigate Ebay, etc....

ha, so let me understand this: Someone who says : "I never do show & tell", must therefore be rich-off-the-finds they're making ? Yet .... too modest or hermit-like, so they don't post. Right ? Yet rest assured: There's filthy-rich-md'rs out there, that simply hide in the shadows. Eh ?

On the contrary : We men LOVE to do show & tell. A quick look at any md'ing forums "Finds" sections, shows no lack of trophies that we show to each other. It's in our blood.

At LEAST to our hunting buddies. And if there's no show & tell beyond that, I'll bet it's d/t their age demographics simply predate the internet social media forums. Eg.: They're 50 or 60+ something. The type that have to have the grandkid come help them navigate Ebay, etc....
Come on Tom...…..I'm in my 70's :oldguy:and don't need my grandson to help me navigate the internet. :toofunny: and I'm not afraid to do "show and tell" like my annual display and talk at the local coin club. Give us old timers some credit.:lol:

Attachments

• DSCN1381.jpg
    DSCN1381.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 119
Three-ring binder with plastic coin sheets holding 2X2 cardboard flips. Pages categorized by each individual site.

Three-ring binder with plastic coin sheets holding 2X2 cardboard flips. Pages categorized by each individual site.

This is the direction I'm moving in with my coins and tokens. Same idea to have them organized by site rather than by coin. But, that still leaves the more interesting relics and toy soldiers, of course. My wife bought me one of those antique type set drawers to hang on the wall.

Back
Top Bottom