South Carolina SUCKS!

QUOTE=juggernaut0055;2534671]So I have been reading up on the "laws" regarding parks, and even some beaches. Now maybe I am wrong but from what I have read I can't even move some dirt with the tip of my shoe! I was hoping to go to a few parks to try and find some coins but that looks like it's over. And beaches... S.C. law states that from the high water mark OUT TO 1 MILE SEAWARD is also state jurisdiction.... wth? We detectorist dig like 8 to 10 inches 98% of the time...this is ridiculous .. sure, I get there are lots of historical areas and they don't want any old jackass out there destroying stuff but I swear they think we are out there with backhoe's!

So now it looks like I am completely dependent on private property land owners giving permission... Which is really hard for me as I get stage freight with strangers .... Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

:laughing: some places are very weird on digging.

this "situation" has been an ongoing concern for a good many years now, and "most" of it has to do with hobbyists inability to dig properly in areas that are well kept.i personally concentrate on "sidewalk easements" with varying degrees of success.it has been my experience that "curb strips" attract much less attention from people that CAN effect your interests by getting the "gendarmes" involved, thus allowing you some peace of mind, and enabling one to still enjoy the hobby.polishing one's "technique" of asking for permission to hunt private yards is also worth consideration.due to "liability" issues, knocking on doors Can be lucrative, (or a giant pain in da as*) IF one wants to devote a substantial amount of time to the pursuit of same.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom