Hayfield trifecta

RockCore

Elite Member
Got out to an old homesite this weekend. The spot is a hayfield now and dates bake to the early 1900's at least. I hit it a couple of times late last summer after the last cutting but it was still a little stubbly. I did find some wheats and a few flat buttons. Got back there this weekend and got a penny trifecta. An 1844 large cent, 1902 IHP, and a really slick and crusty 1909 wheat and a few odds and ends. Also hit an unmapped site I was told about and found a couple of flat buttons. One is definitely the smallest button I've ever found.
Finds.JPG

Large Cent.JPG

Got out to an old homesite this weekend. The spot is a hayfield now and dates bake to the early 1900's at least. I hit it a couple of times late last summer after the last cutting but it was still a little stubbly. I did find some wheats and a few flat buttons. Got back there this weekend and got a penny trifecta. An 1844 large cent, 1902 IHP, and a really slick and crusty 1909 wheat and a few odds and ends. Also hit an unmapped site I was told about and found a couple of flat buttons. One is definitely the smallest button I've ever found.

Great hunting! That large cent came out nice!

Thanks all. From the area I hunt in WV, finding a large cent is like finding hens teeth. That's only my second, with the last one being toasted.

Back
Top Bottom