Can't sleep, clowns will eat me

MDMike

I was looking through the lost and found section of Craigslist last week and happened across a posting from a saddened owner. She had lost her favorite necklace and pendant. She listed the places she had been that day and one of those places was at a park. So I sent her an e-mail letting her know that I had a metal detector and would be willing to help find it. Unfortunately for her, she had not been able to recover her prized posession as of yet.

So I head out to the park and get permission to search the playground area. After getting permission, I sent her an e-mail letting her know I had permission and would let her know the results of my search. About 20 minutes later this beautiful woman comes up to me asking if my name was Mike. About 30 minutes later I get a funny hit near the slide. The metal detector is bouncing all over the place so I push aside the mulc to reveal a metal washer. Then, as I go to push back the mulch in dissapointment I see to my left about an inch of a small gold chain. With a slight tug, up comes the entire chain and pendant. It's not even broken and has been sitting there for almost a month.

Then came the excitement from a very, very happy lady. And I'm so happy that I was able to help her out.

DSCF1657.jpg

I am the mother of the lady that lost the clown charm. She just told me today about losing it because she knew it would upset me. Not that she lost it but because I knew how dear it was/is to her. I bought this charm when she was 11-12. It has been a part of her for all this time. High school, college, etc. Plans are to hand it down to her now 7 yeear old daughter one day so you can see why there is a lot of sentimental value attached. To the guy who thought it was ugly---It really is pretty. It is 3 different colors of gold. Enough with that!! Thank you So much for finding it. We could never repay you for it. I understand she invited you to dinner-go. She and her husband both are great cooks. Thank you. Gigi to 3

To the guy who thought it was ugly---It really is pretty. It is 3 different colors of gold. Enough with that!!

I guess you're referring to me? I wrote that it was scary to me. Perhaps it's just the picture, or perhaps it's just that clowns give me the heebie-jeebies. :shock: :lol:

I am happy that Mike was able to find the charm for your daughter. We've definitely got a great group of friendly, helpful people here. :yes:

Last edited:
Holy crap!!!!! Everyone hide.....mom's here..:lol:

I must confess that it to scared me slightly. But only because it evoked images from Stephen Kings novel and movie "It". Which is weird because I've never seen the movie. So when it popped up from the mulch face up, I know I jerked back ever so slightly.

What I didn't mention in the original post is that this has been lost before. She went on to tell me that it was lost for a year when she was in high school. She always parked in the same parking spot. Then one day while getting out of her car, there it sat on the ground staring back at her.

Gigi to 3,
I trully am very happy that she was able to get it back. The look on her face when I showed it to her was worth it all. I've never been able to find something for someone and get it back to them before. It's something I've been wanting to do since I first starting metal detecting 17 years ago.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I found $.11 too. So that makes my clad count 2 on the year. :)

good job Mike

I can relate to the clown thing. When I was a kid I went to the circus at Boston Garden. Don't remeber if it Clyde Beatty, or Barnum and Bailey..whatever, It was back in the 50s, and there were a lot of clowns of course.
I am 64 now, and them clowns with the white face still give a creepy feeling:shock:.
I think they are called circus clowns. They are the weird ones, as opposed to the funny ones that cram into a little car......Gil

Back
Top Bottom